Regretful decision

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Had a 2008 R56 Mini Cooper for few years, put it on axle stands while my sister was doing her driving license, and she became the new owner .....all good.
    I then purchased a 2011 R56 Cooper S ......all good and loved the extra power.
    Being 6'6" though and although I had no issues sitting in it or driving it, and turning the dreaded 4-0 recently, I thought time to grow up, so after 4 yrs of owning the S, I trade her in for a Evoque on 23rd March.

I'm gutted sitting here writing this now, as I'm now realising the Evoque is not economical enough, its 150bhp which, cutting a long story short, I admit partly my mistake, but I assumed it would be the 190bhp model.
    What does this mean at the moment? Instead of 40mpg i thought i would be getting im down to 34mpg, 2 mpg better off than with the S, but the S was petrol, and this is diesel, so the initial outlay for the dearer fuel isnt helping either. Got it from a dealer in London so cant exactly just take it back.

Ive dreamt of the Evoque for 4/5 years but now I'm on a real sickener.

Im not a great fan of the shape of the Mini after the R56 but I'm now realising I need to go back to what I know.
    All this and there wasnt anything wrong with the S, and the finance was even paid off!!

The Minis i've looked at at the moment don't even have Sat Nav which my S did........so looks like I may have to take a hit.

I dont even know why I'm putting this on here or what responses I am looking for, just..............kinda gutted with myself

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Sorry to hear the evoque hasn't lived up to expectations. If you do like the car there are quite a few tuning companies that can boost the power and fuel economy of the evoque.

A guy I used to work with had his evoque tuned to over 200bhpni thinking was and he was still getting decent mpg.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    Sorry to hear the evoque hasn't lived up to expectations. If you do like the car there are quite a few tuning companies that can boost the power and fuel economy of the evoque.

A guy I used to work with had his evoque tuned to over 200bhpni thinking was and he was still getting decent mpg.

That'll be costly too?
    funds almost dry as it is

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Sorry to read that your not happy with your new purchase. I can highly recommend the F56 yes it looks different from an R56 but drives fantasticly well and with the newer engines gives great economy if that’s what your looking for from a car
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    If you are set on getting rid of the evoque and the budget is tight rather than a cooper S f56 you could get a jcw pack cooper. The 1.5 is a really good engine. Doesnt have that diesel rattle the majority of 3 pots have and I was well impressed with the economy I managed to average around 60mpg when I took one for an extended test drive.

For comparison I used to get 40-45mpg from my R56 S n14

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    If you are set on getting rid of the evoque and the budget is tight rather than a cooper S f56 you could get a jcw pack cooper. The 1.5 is a really good engine. Doesnt have that diesel rattle the majority of 3 pots have and I was well impressed with the economy I managed to average around 60mpg when I took one for an extended test drive.

For comparison I used to get 40-45mpg from my R56 S n14

Links?

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini one 1.5d
    I run an f56 mini one and it is a wonderful car, taut, precise, huge fun and hugely frugal, it rarely dips below 60mpg and I have seen high seventies and once low 80s mpg on gentle long runs!!

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    looking at 2015 15 MINI HATCH COOPER 2.0 COOPER S 3d 189 BHP...... its figures are :

Fuel consumption (urban)
    37.2 mpg
    Fuel consumption (extra urban)
    61.4 mpg
    Fuel consumption (combined)
    49.6 mpg

Obviously these numbers say it will be more economical than the Evoque, but can this be guaranteed?

Seeing as I've just been 'burned' with the Evoque

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    No mpg figures can be guaranteed.
    The manufacturer quotes are always when the car is driven in perfect conditions.
    Saying that the official combined mpg for my R59 JCW (N18) is 41.5mpg but I actually get 45-46mpg.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    Majority of my driving is in town and I average around the 32-34mpg mark in my Cooper S. And that’s definitely not trying to be economical (I’ve never used green mode). Easily get well over 40mpg on the longer runs but again with a slightly heavy right foot.