Clutch on JCW ALL4 Paceman - HELP

L Plates
    Car
    JCW Paceman ALL4
    I bought the car in July 2018 with 56500 ish miles on the clock. Within a few weeks my clutch was slipping and I had a burning smell. A new clutch had been fitted by the previous owner in 2017! I contacted the place I bought it from in Hessel who advised that their warranty didn’t cover clutches. Long story short I’ve been round the houses with them, BMW MINI (parts were still under BMW 2 year warranty but I was told that it might not be a faulty part therefore cost to replace would be far more than Motortechnik had quoted me) and finally just paid the pennies and got Motortechnik in Kirkcaldy to fit new clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder. They said to bring it back if I had any more issues and they have been great. The clutch has stopped slipping but still smells like it’s burning when I’m parking or sitting at the road end with clutch pedal fully to the floor, not holding it on the clutch, but it smells like I am. I’ll be taking it back to Motortechnik but just wanted to ask if anyone else has had similar probs with ALL4 Countryman or Paceman clutches and if so do you have any answers? Just not sure whether it’s ever going to be fixable and whether I need to rethink my ALL4! Yep I know Pete I should have kept my JCW Roadster!!
    Last edited by Kirsty; 22nd March 2019 at 12:34 AM.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Not any help but never had any clutch issues on any of our All4 cars and as you say clutch disc cover or bearings wear items and only warranty if a build defect
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

L Plates
    Car
    JCW Paceman ALL4
    Thank you for that, sounds reassuring that maybe something can be done to sort it! Fingers crossed it doesn’t cost a fortune!