Shell Go+...

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Does anyone else think that the new Shell Go+ scheme seems a tad odd ?
    They’ve gone away from the old idea of “points for petrol” to a “point per visit” idea.
    Here’s the basic criteria for qualifying for a “point”:

“You will need to spend £10 on fuel or £2 in the shop on selected products. If 2 or more of your* transactions occur within 10 minutes of each other, only the first will count as a qualifying visit.* Items you can purchase in the shop counts towards the visit but this does exclude tobacco, lottery tickets, spirits, phone cards and any other age restricted products.”

You will now only get “fuel rewards” after 10 visits.

It seems the only reason that this has been changed is to up the amount of visits that people do at their stations.
    I just can’t see the point unless you actually drive past a Shell station on a regular basis...

https://www.shelldriversclub.co.uk/s...tml?site=en-en

Reading the below it’s just not worth bothering with because 300 litres down here equates to roughly £402 spending to be “awarded” an extra £3 off voucher.

“Enjoy rewards every visit with Shell Go+

You’ll soon be able to get all this with our brand new Shell Go+ rewards programme:

10% off hot drinks every time you visit
    10% off Jamie Oliver deli by Shell and deli2go every time you visit
    Money off fuel every 10 visits Just spend at least £2 in the shop or £10 on fuel to count as a visit
    Even more off Shell V-Power Get an extra £3 off every 300 litres you buy
    Surprise freebies
    Good things happen when you Go+ it

We’re saying goodbye to Shell Drivers’ Club and hello to Shell Go+ rewards – all on your Shell app. You’ll be able to collect rewards on your phone, and it’s quick and easy to use. Just open your app and scan your digital Shell Go+ card every time you pop by. You can also use a card or key fob if you prefer.

If you’re a member of Shell Drivers’ Club, don’t worry you won’t lose any points. They will all be converted to vouchers and sent to you as normal.”

Before you ask, yes it is very late/early, and yes, I am bored.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.
    Last edited by CiderFex; 12th March 2019 at 04:12 AM.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Not happy with that so now there is no bonus for filling up with V power.

I never get much change from £60 when I fill up.

Might get a club car and use momentum

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Never knew they where changing it Pete.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

JCW Upgrade
    Car
    Mini One Graphite
    Never knew they were changing either, not that I fill up much usually twice a month and only stick v power in on pay day and shell 95 as a top up if I need to.

Davy

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    There a four Shell stations that I can use between here and t’Sheff but in all honesty I would fill up with Tesco Momentum every time if I could.
    Rocky just seems to run a bit better when using Momentum and it definitely pops and bangs more when I’ve filled up with it.
    I only ever fill up at Tesco’s though when I’m up in Scotlandshire. There’s none with a 27 mile radius of our house.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Tesco momentum in all my cars for about the last 10 years, I have 3 bp stations a Tesco and a Morrison’s all within 5ish miles, there’s a shell station next to my place of work but I stopped filling up there when the feckers tried to steal cash out my bank after stealing card details !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes a tad odd and irritating!
    Used to be simple to fill up and then every couple of months get a voucher on the post for money off fuel.
    Never interested in the other offers, as I never buy drinks or food or whatever there.
    The new scheme is too fiddly and to me, most offer irrelevant except the fuel discount.
    All you’ll end up doing is filling up more frequently, but a lesser value if you’re bothered about it.
    My nearest Shells are 10 miles from me, in opposite directions, so will only fill up when I need it.
    My GP seems to run better in V Power and that’s all I’ve put in it, with the odd exception. Momentum is the alternative for me, but don’t know enough about any positive additives in it, as supermarket fuel can be of varying quality, depending on where they’ve bought it wholesale.

Ho hum.

Time to fix the garage window Pete

(Before this looks creepy I remember the glass was damaged when I visited your place years ago, and I’m guessing you flew your drone through it the other day when you posted that video?)

This might actually be ok for me - I drive past a Shell station every weekday and I could fill up £10 at a time instead of £100 all at once

Last edited by marchutch; 2nd April 2019 at 08:51 PM.