Cooper S Front Disc and Pads Uprade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    My own experience with them are that they are more than capable on any run no matter how hard I’ve pushed them.
    All of my comments and thoughts are from my own real world experiences and not what I’ve just read on the internet.
    Over the years I’ve read loads of comments and reviews on various car parts and most of them boil down to the fact that some folks will just slag stuff off if it’s not the most expensive on the market and a lot of them have never even used the product they are moaning about.
    The only way that I can even begin to imagine that the M-Tecs would fail is if they were used by someone who hammered their brakes too much in a car that was way too powerful for their limited driving skills.

Each to their own though...

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.
    Last edited by CiderFex; 13th March 2019 at 09:43 AM.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    The only way that I can even begin to imagine that the M-Tecs would fail is if they were used by someone who hammered their brakes too much in a car that is way too powerful for their limited driving skills.

Each to their own though...

Well considering you dont track your car i would be very surprised if you knacked a set of disks and pads on a run if you did you would be driving like a loony and pitting your self and other in danger IMO

I have warped a set of mtec disks and also had blur smoke coming from the pads on track but never crashed out on track.

Yes i push hard on track that what track driving is about and it not just the internet it well know perfomance garge that have told me this info as well.as my own experiences.

I have driven and owned cars that have 2 or even 3 times the power of the mini so am more than capable of a mini with 230bhp my S4 had over 400bh and my dads RS6 have more than 650bhp and i took that out on track and guess what it never left the track once.

When i need to change my disks and pads again i will be going

Brombo perfomance disks and cobratec XP8 pads.

I know how to drive and drive fast i also know i have way more track time under my belt (some with instruction from race drivers) than a lot of people.... sk think im in a pretty good place to comment on my findings.

The last time i was put in the r53 at Cadwell park i was running Brembo diskes and mintex 1144 pads and did not have any brake fade when i ran the mtec and mintex pad set on my clubman they sufferd from brake fade quite badly.

So this is my REAL LIFE finding and not something I have read

And yes the brakes did get hammered but when doing 90+ heading towards a hairpin you kind of need to brake hard ........

Can i ask what your fining are on track Pete ........

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stoney; 13th March 2019 at 10:02 AM.
    New sig coming soon

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post

Can i ask what your fining are on track Pete ........

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Why ask about my findings are on track ?
    That’s a completely irrelevant question in regard to the original question asked by the O.P.
    Why does everything have to revolve around track use ?
    Most people never use their cars on a track !!!
    I’ve never used them on a track, as you well know, and I didn’t realise that this was originally posted as a “track use only” question ?
    I have no interest in track driving because I enjoy driving on normal roads way too much and I personally would rather spend my spare money on petrol to just meet up with friends and family for great days/nights out instead of just driving around in circles.

May I just apologise personally to the OP regarding the above few posts.
    I put my thoughts and experiences into the pot and did not expect it to turn into a “willy battle in the shower” type scenario...

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    On another note I have Brembo discs with the mintex pads on the rear. Can’t comment on their braking ability as the rear does very little but are like all Brembo products are and are a quality product. You will always find that people have a a difference in opinion on what works for them. I have used the Mtec discs on the front and they do the job and do stop the car quickly and efficiently enough for me to be happy with them for how they are used on the road. For a track based braking set up this may be different.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Are Brembo's not about 3 times the price of Mtec....??
    For "normal" road driving you'll have no issues with the Mtec/Mintex combo IMHO. If you have the budget by all means go for the Brembos as they are a quality product.
    Brakes, like tyres, are always a subject open for (heated) debate and a lot of it does come down to personal experience
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    mini roadster jcw
    im using mtec dimpled and groved disks all round with bluestuff pads ,they have been on the car for over 6 months with a few spirited drives and no problems with cracking warping or even fading , i dont do track days so cant comment on their suitability for track
    TAPS AFF FITT DOON