Cooper S driver seat position

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    Disco 3 TDV6S Corsa VXR Jag XJ8
    Hi newbie here. Looking to replace my wife's Corsa VXR with a Mini Cooper S (pictured) which we looked at yesterday. We both loved its looks and spec but have a problem - my wife has short legs and was comfortable with all the controls except the clutch which she struggled to fully depress. We love the car so much I would purchase for her if it is possible to relocate the driver seat runner slightly further forward so she can operate the clutch.
    Hoping this mod is possible as we would love to have a Mini back in the family.

Thanks in advance
    Roy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	493102_1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	7776

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Not sure if you can gain any forward adjustment,but I suppose it’s possible,F56 usually has a lot of forward adjustment .
    Does the car have the under thigh adjustment as this may help to support her legs and give a bit more help forward
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    Thanks badwolf340 tried runner adjusted fully forward, tried different height settings and couldn't quite get it right. Would be gutted if I can't resolve as we both loved the car and would suit its role in an expanding family really well.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Not something I’ve came across. I would honk the answer to your question would be no with the standard runners and would possibly need to buy aftermarket runners to for to the standard seats. There is loads of adjustment on the seat and they go fairly far forward, so surprised to see that your having difficulty with them.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Hi, myself and my daughter are on the short side too, both under 5ft! , we’ve had no trouble with being able to reach the clutch in the R56, F56 and the F60. Hope u get it resolved as it’s a lovely looking car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    Thanks Lynn hope so too, we'd both love to have another Mini

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Hi, myself and my daughter are on the short side too, both under 5ft! , we’ve had no trouble with being able to reach the clutch in the R56, F56 and the F60. Hope u get it resolved as it’s a lovely looking car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would you reach 5 feet even if one of you sat on the others shoulders ?

(Yes, I am now running away.)

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

Car
    Mini Cooper S r56 2008
    Another option (and possibly easier than moving runners) could be to use an aftermarket pedal extension. Shame to loose out on a nice car just cause of clutch pedal. Some of the pedal extensions clamp on to the existing pedal for easy fitting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick net search throws up this on amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00T2DO1D8/ref=asc_df_B00T2DO1D858569002/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B00T2DO1D8&linkCode =df0&hvadid=310746095651&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand =12762221420737644076&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev =t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20342&hvtargid=pl a-554922463905

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post

The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post

I can see an arse kicking coming your way Pete
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz