Mini 60 at GTM - 25th August

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Well it was nice having a show less than 3 hours from home for a change. With Ali, Laura and Arwen coming up yesterday we made a weekend of it and went for an Indian after Ali had tasted just about every delicacy that was on offer on the way to the restaurant.

The show itself was well attended, well organised and there plenty to see. As Ali mentioned it was heavily biased toward the classics especially in the parade where there was a good selection of modern minis and not one of them was pulled over for an owner interview. It was good to see the shear variety of minis that there was I dare say I didn't notice any 2 that were identical.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Sounds like a great day
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Good to finally put some faces to names today!

I was chatting to Mark just before we left, and we both agreed we need to try and organise some runs in the NE area if possible. If nothing else, it gives me an excuse to use my car more!

Will check the calendar and have a think

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

JCW Upgrade
    Car
    Mini One Graphite
    Fantastic day well worth the 7 hour round trip to get there.

As said it did tend to focus more on the classic Mini but nice selection of Modern Minis on show as well, the comperes were ok but felt the sound good have been better.

I found my driving road on the way back the B744 what a cracking road, on the way up I was taking it easy but wow nice clear day on way back and wow.

IMG_4892.jpg

IMG_4894.jpg

And just a couple from today as still uploading from my camera

IMG_4864.jpg

IMG_4890.jpg
    2009 Mini One Graphite, Minibitz Stubby aeril, Minibitz Beltline Kit, Headlight and rear lights dechromed Minibitz Black Mini Badges, Front Tow Hook, Pipercross Air Filter, Scorpion Red Power Non Reasonated Exhaust, JCW R105 Alloys! Sunstrip, Tartan Interior Mirror Cover, Osram Nightbreakers, Halfords Super Advanced Sidelight Bulbs, Black Rear Spoiler, Ultraguage, Smoked Side Repeaters, GP2 JCW Gear Lever, SMPS Black Grille Slats, Neo Brothers Strutbrace, Yellow Details..........What's next to do??

**Mini One Graphite with Added JCW**

Wait for the straight! Laura JCW's Avatar
    Car
    F54 JCW Clubman
    Had a lovely day today. Good turn out, nice food and lovely weather and was nice to hang out with Mark, Eddie and Davie (Ali and Arwen too obvs). I have to admit it was quite cool that Charlie was chosen for an interview. Here is the video of the parade lap for all the cars that were interviewed.

http://<a href="https://flic.kr/p/2h.../a>, on Flickr

Here are some pics as well :)

MINI 60 at GMT - 25 August 2019 by Laura Meek, on Flickr

MINI F54 John Cooper Works
    19" Cup Spokes, Remus Exhaust, JCW Pro Spoiler Extensions and a MINI Challenge inspired design.

JCW Upgrade
    Car
    Mini One Graphite
    I'll fire a few of my best photos up later tonight, taken about 60 odd photos.

Davy
    2009 Mini One Graphite, Minibitz Stubby aeril, Minibitz Beltline Kit, Headlight and rear lights dechromed Minibitz Black Mini Badges, Front Tow Hook, Pipercross Air Filter, Scorpion Red Power Non Reasonated Exhaust, JCW R105 Alloys! Sunstrip, Tartan Interior Mirror Cover, Osram Nightbreakers, Halfords Super Advanced Sidelight Bulbs, Black Rear Spoiler, Ultraguage, Smoked Side Repeaters, GP2 JCW Gear Lever, SMPS Black Grille Slats, Neo Brothers Strutbrace, Yellow Details..........What's next to do??

JCW Upgrade
    Car
    Mini One Graphite

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Brilliant photos Davy
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Want More BHP!
    Car
    R55 Clubman JCW
    I've been away on a MINI jolly this past week (more later), so only just back on....

Well worth the 5 minute trek for me, road run before the show was fun, and Mark and Kris following on behind looked great in the mirrors. Good effort to the other NMS'ers who made the run up.

The classic bias continued in the feature in the motoring supplement of the P&J on Wednesday, only the John Clark cars pictured in the Italian Job scene. I had kinda hoped in the parade lap that as the only R55 there I might get a quick chat, but denied

Nice pic Alasdair btw, that's Marischal College, 2nd largest granite building in the world.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeswagon View Post
    I've been away on a MINI jolly this past week (more later), so only just back on....

Well worth the 5 minute trek for me, road run before the show was fun, and Mark and Kris following on behind looked great in the mirrors. Good effort to the other NMS'ers who made the run up.

The classic bias continued in the feature in the motoring supplement of the P&J on Wednesday, only the John Clark cars pictured in the Italian Job scene. I had kinda hoped in the parade lap that as the only R55 there I might get a quick chat, but denied

Nice pic Alasdair btw, that's Marischal College, 2nd largest granite building in the world.
    Dont worry the Meeks got a full guided tour of central aberdeen thanks to my friend. Hahaha

Yeah I was a bit miffed at how classic centric it was even to the point of the classic owners downing to late built "real minis". The road run views were nice but imo the speed was just too low. I wasnt expecting the classics to be flat out but the speed limit would have at least been nice. The fact we were actually holding up a tractor says something about the pace.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk