Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Look here at the official BMW screenwash

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F273155024251

Had a read of the reviews, they mention clogging up pipes etc

I may just bite the bullet and go for the official stuff.. haha
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    I grudgingly spent £5 on 5 litres of prestone but £18!!!! Never!! I'd rather stop the car and wash the windscreen by hand.

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    I would begrudge paying that too. But the cost to repair a blockage makes it worthwhile I think
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Often use Halfords screenwash, have never used a car manufacturer branded screenwash over the 28 years I’ve been driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    Mini Cooper S r56 2008
    I just bought Demon screen wash for my works van as it claims to be good to -65 degrees if used neat and -20 when diluted. Was fed up having sqooshers frozen two weeks ago. As soon as the MCS bottle is empty, I will fill it up with Demon as well. I've never paid more than a fiver for screen wash. Must be an Aberdonian thing.
    Agree that it might not be good to mix different makes, but surely if your MINI is telling you the bottle is empty, a quick flush with water means the system is empty and safe to use whatever you like.

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Yeah I'll probably run it down to empty and then flush it through with water and use some cheap unbranded stuff I've already got.

The first service is due next month, so I'm going to tell them not to touch the washer fluid!
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Cooper S 7 Edition
    Bit late to the part but I just bought my mini in January there... first thing I done was dump the stuff mini had put in down to empty, then added the Halfords berry stuff

I used that for the full 3 years I had my previous mini because it smells so much better! Never had any issues whatsoever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Bit late as usual, but just read this about ‘official’ Mini screenwash. Utter B*ll*cks. I’ve never used anything other than ‘generic’ skoosh juice in ANY car I’ve owned, and that includes 3 Minis from 2001 till now, and had absolutely no issues with clogged pipes etc, we’ll not on the car anyway! Just another Cunning Plan for the manufacturer to screw every penny they can by creating an unfounded ‘worry’. If still in doubt, ask Crombers, he’s the ‘Man with the CarPlan’

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Bit late as usual, but just read this about ‘official’ Mini screenwash. Utter B*ll*cks. I’ve never used anything other than ‘generic’ skoosh juice in ANY car I’ve owned, and that includes 3 Minis from 2001 till now, and had absolutely no issues with clogged pipes etc, we’ll not on the car anyway! Just another Cunning Plan for the manufacturer to screw every penny they can by creating an unfounded ‘worry’. If still in doubt, ask Crombers, he’s the ‘Man with the CarPlan’
    Yep, I went ahead and used *cough* Halfords *cough* blue goo. I did run a couple litres of water first to flush any remaining residue just incase it reacted. But needless to say, it has been totally fine thus far
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I’ve been using this stuff for a long while now. It does smell a bit but it definitely does its job well.
    I also use Rain X on my glass so that helps as well.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001002M..._iDS3CbAEY05FG

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.