Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Screenwash?

Do you think Mini/BMW actually make the screenwash to their own recipe? They just plonk their logo (and markup) on it.

I'd avoid mixing two distinct types, but screenwash is screenwash. Never had a problem over many years

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Im not sure what MINI actually use as screenwash but when I got a quote for a service they wanted an extra 30 to top up my screenwash.

Needless to say, I went elsewhere.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o sarcasm.

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210

Look here at the official BMW screenwash

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F273155024251

Had a read of the reviews, they mention clogging up pipes etc

I may just bite the bullet and go for the official stuff.. haha
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210

I grudgingly spent 5 on 5 litres of prestone but 18!!!! Never!! I'd rather stop the car and wash the windscreen by hand.

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210

I would begrudge paying that too. But the cost to repair a blockage makes it worthwhile I think
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

I've never used manufacturer screen wash on any of my cars, whether it's been Mercedes, VW or MINI. In 10+ years of MINI ownership this thread is the first I've heard of blocked systems due to "alternative brand" fluids.

Then again, if it gives you peace of mind then it's a worthwhile expenditure.
    MINI F56 John Cooper Works
    18" Cup Spokes with Yokohama Advan AD08Rs, JCW Pro Aero Kit, JCW Pro Exhaust

Default Screenwash?

Often use Halfords screenwash, have never used a car manufacturer branded screenwash over the 28 years Ive been driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    Mini Cooper S r56 2008

I just bought Demon screen wash for my works van as it claims to be good to -65 degrees if used neat and -20 when diluted. Was fed up having sqooshers frozen two weeks ago. As soon as the MCS bottle is empty, I will fill it up with Demon as well. I've never paid more than a fiver for screen wash. Must be an Aberdonian thing.
    Agree that it might not be good to mix different makes, but surely if your MINI is telling you the bottle is empty, a quick flush with water means the system is empty and safe to use whatever you like.

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210

Yeah I'll probably run it down to empty and then flush it through with water and use some cheap unbranded stuff I've already got.

The first service is due next month, so I'm going to tell them not to touch the washer fluid!
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Cooper S 7 Edition

Bit late to the part but I just bought my mini in January there... first thing I done was dump the stuff mini had put in down to empty, then added the Halfords berry stuff

I used that for the full 3 years I had my previous mini because it smells so much better! Never had any issues whatsoever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk