Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Screenwash?

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom

Bit late as usual, but just read this about ‘official’ Mini screenwash. Utter B*ll*cks. I’ve never used anything other than ‘generic’ skoosh juice in ANY car I’ve owned, and that includes 3 Minis from 2001 till now, and had absolutely no issues with clogged pipes etc, we’ll not on the car anyway! Just another Cunning Plan for the manufacturer to screw every penny they can by creating an unfounded ‘worry’. If still in doubt, ask Crombers, he’s the ‘Man with the CarPlan’

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210

Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Bit late as usual, but just read this about ‘official’ Mini screenwash. Utter B*ll*cks. I’ve never used anything other than ‘generic’ skoosh juice in ANY car I’ve owned, and that includes 3 Minis from 2001 till now, and had absolutely no issues with clogged pipes etc, we’ll not on the car anyway! Just another Cunning Plan for the manufacturer to screw every penny they can by creating an unfounded ‘worry’. If still in doubt, ask Crombers, he’s the ‘Man with the CarPlan’
    Yep, I went ahead and used *cough* Halfords *cough* blue goo. I did run a couple litres of water first to flush any remaining residue just incase it reacted. But needless to say, it has been totally fine thus far
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

I’ve been using this stuff for a long while now. It does smell a bit but it definitely does its job well.
    I also use Rain X on my glass so that helps as well.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001002M..._iDS3CbAEY05FG

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210

Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    I’ve been using this stuff for a long while now. It does smell a bit but it definitely does its job well.
    I also use Rain X on my glass so that helps as well.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001002M..._iDS3CbAEY05FG

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.
    Yep I use gyeon wet coat and it's the best thing since sliced bread! Water just runs straight off the windscreen.
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Want More BHP!
    Car
    F56 Cooper

I might need to bulk buy next time I'm at Halfrauds, the R55 washers are like a hose compared to the F56.

Still amused by the mist from the headlamp washers

Not amused by the wet trousers when I forgot my window was open