Gp3 confirmation

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    The GP is supposed to be track focused yet they put possibly (in my opinion) the worst auto gearbox made. Not only is it automatic, but the fact there is delays in changing up and down gears (even ms) is enough to hinder track times.

Hopefully the gearbox which is currently on the JCW countryman/clubman is tweaked before the gp releases otherwise it's a major disappointment.
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

In terms of suspension specs then - nothing fully confirmed from Mini themselves them?

Bloody hell this has been the longest dragged - out launch ever

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    The 2 systems dont have to be independent eddie. If the car can detect or predict slip before it occurs. Then applying a brake would cause the diff to lock even sooner making it more effective.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    In terms of suspension specs then - nothing fully confirmed from Mini themselves them?

Bloody hell this has been the longest dragged - out launch ever

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
    I think all that has been confirmed suspension wise is that it will have tweaked jcw suspension and that it will be mini suspension rather than buying in suspension like the gp2 did.

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    The 2 systems dont have to be independent eddie. If the car can detect or predict slip before it occurs. Then applying a brake would cause the diff to lock even sooner making it more effective.

Is there any examples of this in a road car?
    I'm not saying you couldn't Mark just doesn't seem like something a manufacturer would do. Also theres no mention anywhere of it having an LSD.

I dunno, model-specific tyres just sounds like a way to charge £££ when you burn through a set

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_JCW View Post
    Is there any examples of this in a road car?
    I'm not saying you couldn't Mark just doesn't seem like something a manufacturer would do. Also theres no mention anywhere of it having an LSD.
    Volkswagen performance pack gtis have a mechanical LSD with an E diff

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Well I’m not too sure what to say about all this. I will agree that it’ll sell because it’s a limited edition car. These things always sell that’s why they do it. Will folk buy it for the reason it’s the “best” MINI produced I doubt it. I certainly will reserve judgement until I’ve been in one a bit like I did with my GP1.

Going on looks alone and what I’ve read I’m certainly not impressed with it. It looks ‘tacky’ for sure wether that was meant or not then who knows. I can see people adding the extra arch extensions to other F models ... it certainly wouldn’t be me.

The spoiler at the back looks terrible for some reason, especially given the fact MINI did so well with the GP1 spoiler, but again that will appeal to those that want something different to add to their F series car. I agree with Andrew it’s disappointing that they haven’t added a rear diffuser given that it’s now a common upgrade on the F series.

Specific tyres ? Why bother ... they’ll be a small few that will replace like for like tyres everyone else will go with what they prefer or have preferred over the years.

A 300 bhp MINI in manual form ... I’m sure there’s plenty of those kicking about at the moment in the F series range. Just check FB every day and someone is getting one mapped. Had they pushed the boat out to 350bhp then folk might have sat up and listened.

I on this occasion are with the minority on here by the sounds of it at the moment and don’t like it. They’ve removed the “GP” stamps from previous models and on this occasion I think they’ve got it wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I wonder why they’ve covered up the red GP inserts on the side of the rear wing ?

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Found this on a Facebook group:

For GP owners and MINI fans with an interest in the new GP, I have more information about the GP3.

The price for the street spec is around 46,5K EUR (without BPM, but with local 21% VAT). The race spec is around EUR 2-2.5K lower. The race spec does not have the full climate control, no 8.8 inch display, standard radio, alarm and is therefore lighter. Dealer margin is 6% and the importer wants to sell the cars without a discount. So keep that in mind when you start negotiating! Dealers can now sign up orders for the car.

However, we all know 3000 pieces is too much and those things will, just like with the GP2, catch dust on the dealer floor. Don't take No for an answer when they don't offer you a discount. Just negotiate well ...

Introduction is by the end of November, deliveries from March 2020. Soon more from my side with regards to this car!
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune