Gp3 confirmation

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    What MINI have achieved by leaking a few pics is nothing short of genius,like or loathe it ,it’s what every MINI club,group or other form of platform is talking about ,when was the last time that happened.
    To the person in BMW/MIN ...I doth my cap .
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by badwolf340 View Post
    What MINI have achieved by leaking a few pics is nothing short of genius,like or loathe it ,it’s what every MINI club,group or other form of platform is talking about ,when was the last time that happened.
    To the person in BMW/MIN ...I doth my cap .
    I completely agree. As I’ve said on FB those pics were taken in a BMW/MINI compound so they haven’t been leaked by a random passerby. I just hope that MINI are reading the posts on various MINI FB groups because from what I can see well o’er 90% of people commenting are saying that they either hate it, or think it’s just a joke, and is nowhere near the car it needs to be for a best in class car.
    The GP3 was a huge opportunity to design and build a stunning car. After what they created with the Challenge they have gone backwards by miles in my opinion.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    I completely agree. As I’ve said on FB those pics were taken in a BMW/MINI compound so they haven’t been leaked by a random passerby. I just hope that MINI are reading the posts on various MINI FB groups because from what I can see well o’er 90% of people commenting are saying that they either hate it, or think it’s just a joke, and is nowhere near the car it needs to be for a best in class car.
    The GP3 was a huge opportunity to design and build a stunning car. After what they created with the Challenge they have gone backwards by miles in my opinion.

I sort of see where you and the others are coming from Pete but I think it's unfair to call the car a joke. It's a 300bhp supermini with a diff and functional aero.

Its gunna be an absolute weapon on a back road and its gunna be more than capable on track.

The challenge argument doesnt really stand imo. The challenge was a bare bone enthusiast drivers car that isn't and never had been what the gp is. The gp is meant to be the best mini you can buy.

The gp1 got a boost in power some nice recaros, off the shelf suspension, a cool spoiler and came originally on run flats if I'm not mistaken

The gp2 got a minor boost in power some nice recaros, terrible bilstien suspension that was too harsh, a cool spoiler and lasted 5 minutes, it did at least get decent tyres

The gp3 has got a considerable boost in power, nice recaros, suspension mini has guaranteed will last, functional aero, an lsd, bespoke tyres, a cool spoiler and all of the latest digital dash and infotainment screens.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    The gp1 got a boost in power some nice recaros, off the shelf suspension, a cool spoiler and came originally on run flats if I'm mistaken.
    It also came with a true limited edition ethos, no parts specifically made for the GP1 were available for any other MINI. Even the colour was unique and was never made available on any other models. That cool spoiler does create 90kg of downforce so it wasn’t just for looks.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    It also came with a true limited ethos, no parts specifically made for the GP1 were available for any other MINI. Even the colour was unique. That cool spoiler does create 90kg of downforce so it wasn’t just for looks.

So the gp3 is more of a gp than the gp2 then other than the seats what does this gp3 share with a normal jcw

No-one is buying this for rational reasons - at road speeds the aero will make barely enough difference to feel the effects.

Pure numbers mean nothing for a car like this. It's about how it makes you feel.

This car will be bought because it appeals on an irrational, emotive basis. Sadly it doesn't appeal to me

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Whether it’s more of a GP than the GP2 will only be found out if MINI decide to sell the GP3 parts to the masses eventually. The suspension is pretty much stock apart from stiffer springs and dampers. Not having specific GP3 Seats is a huge mistake in my opinion.
    It seems to be that MINI have finally realised that people do mod their cars and are leaving it up to the customers to truly make it into a proper track focussed car.
    Re: my “it’s a joke” comment. Have you not read most of the derogatory comments on FB ?
    Yeah, it’s very easy for those to be dismissed as jealously but I personally just do not think that they are.
    I do personally think it is a joke but that’s my own opinion. Some like it and that’s their choice as well.
    If the stunning Challenge could be made as only 54 units (I think) then it would be much easier, and cheaper, to make 3000 units that are truly special. Sadly that has not been done.

Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    I sort of see where you and the others are coming from Pete but I think it's unfair to call the car a joke. It's a 300bhp supermini with a diff and functional aero.

Its gunna be an absolute weapon on a back road and its gunna be more than capable on track.

The challenge argument doesnt really stand imo. The challenge was a bare bone enthusiast drivers car that isn't and never had been what the gp is. The gp is meant to be the best mini you can buy.

The gp1 got a boost in power some nice recaros, off the shelf suspension, a cool spoiler and came originally on run flats if I'm not mistaken

The gp2 got a minor boost in power some nice recaros, terrible bilstien suspension that was too harsh, a cool spoiler and lasted 5 minutes, it did at least get decent tyres

The gp3 has got a considerable boost in power, nice recaros, suspension mini has guaranteed will last, functional aero, an lsd, bespoke tyres, a cool spoiler and all of the latest digital dash and infotainment screens.

I think you sum it up quite well here, Mark. I don’t think it’s fair to compare it to the Challenge as they’re two very different cars with two very different focuses.

The Challenge did nothing for me as I don’t really care about setting up my own suspension etc. or having a bare bones car focussed for the track. The GP has a completely different aim and to me is hitting that perfectly due to the fact everyone is talking about it... you may hate it, but I’d hazard a guess that it will be one of the best MINIs out there to drive on the road. Which is where most people will drive it most of the time.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by matsarm View Post
    I think you sum it up quite well here, Mark. I don’t think it’s fair to compare it to the Challenge as they’re two very different cars with two very different focuses.

The Challenge did nothing for me as I don’t really care about setting up my own suspension etc. or having a bare bones car focussed for the track. The GP has a completely different aim and to me is hitting that perfectly due to the fact everyone is talking about it... you may hate it, but I’d hazard a guess that it will be one of the best MINIs out there to drive on the road. Which is where most people will drive it most of the time.
    The upside of owning 1 would be that you dont have to see it most of the time. Everyone else has to look at it.

Hahahaha jk Ali

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    The upside of owning 1 would be that you dont have to see it most of the time. Everyone else has to look at it.

Hahahaha jk Ali