Gp3 confirmation

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Not a fan of forged carbon at all. The carbon used on the arches doesn’t look quite as sporadic as forged carbon but also doesn’t have as uniformed a weave as conventional carbon fibre. Also the carbon used on the i cars is very matte like
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Not a fan of forged carbon at all. The carbon used on the arches doesn’t look quite as sporadic as forged carbon but also doesn’t have as uniformed a weave as conventional carbon fibre. Also the carbon used on the i cars is very matte like
    I did a bit of research into the bmw production method last year during a project and in the article he says that the arches are build similarly to the M parts, the M parts are build in the traditional way all carbon fibre parts are made, the i cars are slightly different because they are built in a semi mass production style. Nobody has been able to fully mass produce full carbon cars yet that I'm aware off. BMW are the closest, the i cars dont use any special techniques in their production so the matte finish is probably a cost saving measure if anything. Prepreg can come out of the mould prefinished as it does for the M car roofs but then a final finish will need to be checked and corrected. With a matte finish on something like the chassis you can get away with a lot more imperfections, so cheaper and faster

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Far less motorsport derived. Unless there is a good reason you'll very rarely find a nice finish in motorsport carbon. But I think it is all about perception, a nicely finish glossy piece of carbon looks far more expensive than a piece with a matte finish

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Well after being down south for 3 months and travelling to oxford every weekday it finally happened.

I finally saw a gp3 being driven, no camo, the guy wasnt hanging about in it either.

It looks far better in person than in the photos the wing doesn't look quite so stuck on it works well with the rest of the car, the arches which I'm not the biggest fan of dont stick out as much as they do in pictures. Could be down to the dullness but it works with the racing grey paint.

On a bad point it makes literally no noise. I couldnt hear it over my own car and we got stopped at a set of roadworks and the gp took off and I couldnt hear a thing.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Great spot Mark
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    It was a US spec GP had reflectors in the arches and the indicators were red and the George's cross of the brake lights

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Cool find Mark
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Shame about the noise that it makes Mark. Also if it’s a US spec car it shouldn’t have the GPF

My dealer has told me there are only +/- 25 cars issued to dealers in Scotland.

Got some finance figures also... 48 months, 10k pa, £2k dep = £510 standard / £550 Touring...

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    MINI Germany’s video is doing the rounds just now. Good video CLICK