Gp3 confirmation

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Reading the “race spec” version again my main thought is what is the actual point ?
    Removing all of the bits mentioned couldn’t amount to much more than 15-20kg surely ?
    If true it seems a very poor attempt if I’m honest.
    The only real sensible reasoning for the two models would be the £40K barrier as mentioned previously.
    It also harks back to the removal of the rear wash wipe in the GP1 to save 2kgs in weight but then they put two 25kg Recaros in the front.

I don’t know what a pair of MINI JCW Seats weigh but surely one of the first, and easiest things to do to create a more “race spec” car, would be to put two reclining bucket seats up front to save a decent amount of dead weight.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    Reading the “race spec” version again my main thought is what is the actual point ?
    Removing all of the bits mentioned couldn’t amount to much more than 15-20kg surely ?
    If true it seems a very poor attempt if I’m honest.
    The only real sensible reasoning for the two models would be the £40K barrier as mentioned previously.
    It also harks back to the removal of the rear wash wipe in the GP1 to save 2kgs in weight but then they put two 25kg Recaros in the front.

I don’t know what a pair of MINI JCW Seats weigh but surely one of the first, and easiest things to do to create a more “race spec” car, would be to put two reclining bucket seats up front to save a decent amount of dead weight.

Dont even bother with reclining you've no back seats so put in real buckets. Pair of recaro pole positions. It's a 40k car so those seats are justifiable

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    Dont even bother with reclining you've no back seats so put in real buckets. Pair of recaro pole positions. It's a 40k car so those seats are justifiable

I mentioned reclining buckets, eg Recaro Sportster CS type seats, for easier adjustability for a more friendly “daily use” scenario.
    I know that some would disagree but they’d achieve the two main objectives of 1: a more planted and secure driving position whilst driving “spiritedly” & 2: to save loads of weight.

Racing buckets are comfy- after all, a driver doing a night stint in an endurance race needs to be comfortable to do his best work. I drove 2500 miles in a fortnight in mine with no issues.

Audi had Pole Positions in that last of the line Mk1 TT thingy, one of the best things about the car IMO

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    MINI USA have announced their pricing for the F56 GP at $44,900.

Motoringfiles article leads us to believe there will be more details over the coming days before its LA Motorshow release.

CLICK
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    I believe the US pricing will be without any sales tax, so you'd have to figure 20% VAT on top of the conversion roughly for us. There'll be other fees involved skewing the conversion of course.

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    With the 20% VAT takes the conversion to ~£41,692. You probably also need to add VED, delivery etc so the £45k is about spot on.
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    A few outlets are claiming the price will be £34,995.

But I'm not sure if that is from minor if that is just doing a currency conversion

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Scratch that from the bmw press the price is £33895 RRP

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Evo has an article putting the car at £35k. Not bad I don’t think

HERE
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz