Gp3 confirmation

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    Hopefully it has lots of personalisation options on how you can set it up. I would think that’s part of the point of a digital dash.

My Dad’s slightly old-tech beige Jaguar even has customisation on the dash so surely MINI can

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    It definitely looks a bit “cobbled together” with the mix of analogue and digital and is nowhere near as good looking as a full blown BMW digital dash.
    Personally I’ve always thought that a rev counter was one of the most important instruments in a fast road car and not something to just be added onto the side of other instruments.
    It also looks the it could seriously do with some form of a hood to shade it from bright sunlight looking at the pic in that link !!!

Does the new engine not rev as high as the older versions ?
    I only ask due to fact that the number 8 is completely missing from the rev counter with it only having 7 as the highest number.
    This would suggest that it’ll only rev to 6,500 rpm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CiderFex; 18th August 2019 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    It definitely looks a bit “cobbled together” with the mix of analogue and digital and is nowhere near as good looking as a full blown BMW digital dash.
    Personally I’ve always thought that a rev counter was one of the most important instruments in a fast road car and not something to just be added onto the side of other instruments.
    It also looks the it could seriously do with some form of a hood to shade it from bright sunlight looking at the pic in that link !!!

Does the new engine not rev as high as the older versions ?
    I only ask due to fact that the number 8 is completely missing from the rev counter with it only having 7 as the highest number.
    This would suggest that it’ll only rev to 6,500 rpm.

What does the current JCW rev to? Most turbo engines are done and dusted by 6500 so that would seem normal to me

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    What does the current JCW rev to? Most turbo engines are done and dusted by 6500 so that would seem normal to me
    D’oh, yeah, I forgot about that.
    lol
    It’s just looks more aesthetically pleasing to have an 8 on the dial as opposed to just a 7.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Just watched the video, and is this the first car to have a fuel gauge the same size as the rev counter!?

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Just watched the video, and is this the first car to have a fuel gauge the same size as the rev counter!?

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
    I think that the F cars are a very similar design.
    Edit: Well, the idea is the same.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1D639ACE-33F3-400C-AA95-6E5E752EFBD1-5851-0000046DB2978841.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	8083

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Must be the first GP I’ve actually disliked. I’d be looking at the new Clubman JCW thinking that’s a nice bit of kit over the GP that to me is just trying too hard. The display cluster just looks so flat and bland and doesn’t make you think I’m sitting in something a bit special. I’m sure it will have some nice touches only reserved for the GP. Sad they seem to have dropped the whole number thing. Not that I even owned one but I thought it was a nice wee touch if only a bit of fun. 3000 to be built with MINI upping the limited run by another 1000 from previous models must feel there is the demand. Six months later I expect to see a good few on the lot like the R series GP seemed to have done.

Wish they’d dropped the Camo Wrap for the Californian Sun as it will look so much better in its signature colour and who’s not seen this. Yes it may have more power etc but I still think the original will be regarded as the best simply because of the drama and noise it made. The old whine of the engine as if it wanted to suck the world in and spit it back out.
    Last edited by Stewart; 18th August 2019 at 02:08 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Am I the only one that’s not too excited about the GP3 ...

Having owned the GP1 when the GP2 was released I was excited to see how it would turn out compared with the original.

Even the GP2 was hyped up but at the time but I don’t think it failed to capture folks attention and have people wanting the car for what it was. Yes they missed a trick not keeping the same numbering ethos and then tried to rescue that, certainly in America with folk asking what number they could give the car.

I’ll admit that I had my name down for a GP3 but after seeing things develop bit by bit, and maybe what I thought was coming with the F series GP, it hasn’t excited me one bit and tbh I’ve lost interest in it. Looking at the bits that are being drip fed about what it will or won’t have I think they are diluting the whole excitement of the car. I don’t think the wheels suit the car and looking at the rear spoiler now they are trying way too hard. The first and second generation GP’s had a spoiler that was big enough to attract attention yet be subtle enough with it. I’m not sure this is the case with the GP3.

Having seen the photos of the speedo like others have said why have digital everything but a needle for the Rev counter. Correct me if I’m wrong but even the Astra GTE in its day had a full digital speedo.

Maybe when it comes out and it can be seen as a full package and in the flesh it might be different I’ll change my mind but until then I’m unconvinced that the GP3 is going to be the “current” ultimate MINI.

Sometimes less is more and I think that should have been the case from the outset with the GP1. I’m sure I’m not alone in saying all the extras (air con, electric windows, heated seats, etc) should have been removed or kept to a minimum for added weight loss. I think that the Mitsubishi Evo and Honda Integra were the only cars I can think of that attempted to go down this route ... did it cost them any buyers ? I don’t think so ...

You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    2017 F56 JCW & 2016 R60
    Had my name down too but have now cancelled. Have pre-ordered an electric Mini instead, which is the complete opposite.
    2017 F56 JCW Cooper S
    2016 R60 All4 Cooper S: All boxes ticked.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Looks like the GP has broken cover before it’s official launch.
    Untitled by William Harper, on Flickr
    Untitled by William Harper, on Flickr
    Untitled by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/152828565@N06/]Untitled by William Harper, on Flickr
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz