Gp3 confirmation

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasdair JCW View Post
    As it is, you are correct in stating that much of what we're all going on is hearsay. MINI have yet to confirm most of the technical details for the forthcoming GP. In that light, I also think it's a bit daft that so many people are condemning the new model as such condemnation is equally based on hearsay.
    I'm not condemning it on hearsay at all... I'm condemning it on looks alone!

I'm not saying it is going to be rubbish it's just not a £40k car. They had the chance to do so much better and make it what a GP should be but they've failed miserably and the cancelled orders will highlight this.

As for the specs, I haven't heard much good about this new gearbox hopefully they're able to give it a little software tweak to make it as good as the ZF box which was phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_JCW View Post
    I'm not condemning it on hearsay at all... I'm condemning it on looks alone!

As for the specs, I haven't heard much good about this new gearbox hopefully they're able to give it a little software tweak to make it as good as the ZF box which was phenomenal.
    Completely agree. The lack of a manual offering aside, I'd have been very happy if the GP was coming with a ZF.

Fingers crossed they can do something with the Aisin unit.
    Deposit placed: F56 GP

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Well Iím not too sure what to say about all this. I will agree that itíll sell because itís a limited edition car. These things always sell thatís why they do it. Will folk buy it for the reason itís the ďbestĒ MINI produced I doubt it. I certainly will reserve judgement until Iíve been in one a bit like I did with my GP1.

Going on looks alone and what Iíve read Iím certainly not impressed with it. It looks Ďtackyí for sure wether that was meant or not then who knows. I can see people adding the extra arch extensions to other F models ... it certainly wouldnít be me.

The spoiler at the back looks terrible for some reason, especially given the fact MINI did so well with the GP1 spoiler, but again that will appeal to those that want something different to add to their F series car. I agree with Andrew itís disappointing that they havenít added a rear diffuser given that itís now a common upgrade on the F series.

Specific tyres ? Why bother ... theyíll be a small few that will replace like for like tyres everyone else will go with what they prefer or have preferred over the years.

A 300 bhp MINI in manual form ... Iím sure thereís plenty of those kicking about at the moment in the F series range. Just check FB every day and someone is getting one mapped. Had they pushed the boat out to 350bhp then folk might have sat up and listened.

I on this occasion are with the minority on here by the sounds of it at the moment and donít like it. Theyíve removed the ďGPĒ stamps from previous models and on this occasion I think theyíve got it wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

I wonder why theyíve covered up the red GP inserts on the side of the rear wing ?

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint oí sarcasm.

I'd noticed that as well Pete. Seems odd given that the rest of the car is exposed.

It's one of the reasons why I think more graphics are yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasdair JCW View Post
    I'd noticed that as well Pete. Seems odd given that the rest of the car is exposed.

It's one of the reasons why I think more graphics are yet to come.
    Werenít they originally inset into the spoiler supports and filled in with red paint ?

Yep I think that’s the case. That’s certainly how they appeared when the car was on display at Pebble Beach.

To be honest I don’t see them changing this, they’ve maybe just covered it up for now although it does seem odd.

Found this on a Facebook group:

For GP owners and MINI fans with an interest in the new GP, I have more information about the GP3.

The price for the street spec is around 46,5K EUR (without BPM, but with local 21% VAT). The race spec is around EUR 2-2.5K lower. The race spec does not have the full climate control, no 8.8 inch display, standard radio, alarm and is therefore lighter. Dealer margin is 6% and the importer wants to sell the cars without a discount. So keep that in mind when you start negotiating! Dealers can now sign up orders for the car.

However, we all know 3000 pieces is too much and those things will, just like with the GP2, catch dust on the dealer floor. Don't take No for an answer when they don't offer you a discount. Just negotiate well ...

Introduction is by the end of November, deliveries from March 2020. Soon more from my side with regards to this car!
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Thatís the first Iíve heard of two versions but IF itís true it wouldnít be a shock.
    I am very sceptical about the info but you never know...
    The quoted prices equals £40,563 and £38,808 at todayís rate which I personally think will lead to the increase in those that have already cancelled their order.
    The original did have the single option of with/without a/c but I donít know of a single GP that did not have the a/c fitted.

Mark Johnston
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    Thatís the first Iíve heard of two versions but IF itís true it wouldnít be a shock.
    The quoted price = £40,563 at todayís rate which I personally think will lead to the increase in those that have already cancelled their order.

I think the £40k mark has been getting thrown around for a while so I dont think that should be much of a shock to those who placed serious orders

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk