Gp3 confirmation

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F56 JCW
    The new m135i seems to have a lot of reviews coming out today. I found the one by carwow quite interesting, for a couple of reasons: 1. does the new GP3 get the same 306 hp engine? 2. 8 speed auto (by Aisin rather than the old ZF) presumably gets fitted to the GP3? I appreciate the mini will be FWD with much less weight, but the engine-gearbox gets quite mixed reviews.
    https://youtu.be/oBI8iBOWwHQ

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    The car will not produce downforce so that big wing is just for show as I thought.

Good to see though that they dont seem.to be settling for 7.56

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Although I think they'll.have a hard job getting closer to the fk8. I dont think the chassis is long enough to give the stability the fk8 has through the flat out sections

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    Although I think they'll.have a hard job getting closer to the fk8. I dont think the chassis is long enough to give the stability the fk8 has through the flat out sections

That’ll all depend on whether or not the aero bits are actually designed for the intended purpose or are just for show.
    At 120 and above you can actually feel the back end of a GP1 get more stable and planted the faster you go. I have only done it the once but at 140 and above it is THE most stable car that I’ve ever driven at that kind of speed.

...theoretically speaking of course.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    That’ll all depend on whether or not the aero bits are actually designed for the intended purpose or are just for show.
    At 120 and above you can actually feel the back end of a GP1 get more stable and planted the faster you go. I have only done it the once but at 140 and above it is THE most stable car that I’ve ever driven at that kind of speed.

...theoretically speaking of course.

It says in the article they werent interested in sticking the car to the ground like gp1 and 2

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    It says in the article they werent interested in sticking the car to the ground like gp1 and 2

Why on earth wouldn’t they be interested if they already know how to do so ?
    That seems like a very lazy, and easy, way to design a performance car in the 21st Century.
    As you all know my mechanical knowledge of cars is limited but even I know that aero is a very big part of getting higher performance from any design of car.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I remember reading somewhere years ago that the GP1 rear spoiler created around 180kg of downforce at v-max. At this speed the right to left curve of the spoiler disappeared due to the spoiler ended up being dead flat with the pressure of the air resistance. This was the main reason that the spoiler was made from carbon fibre. It was one of the only materials available that would cope with the high stress levels but also had enough flexibility so that it would not snap with the high pressures involved.
    The aero package on the GP1 was so specific that it would not reach v-max unless the car still had the four small covers fitted into the jacking points to level them off with the plastic undertray.
    I’m sorry but I can’t find the links to the articles due to it being about 7 years ago that I originally looked into it.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    I've been going off the mini promo photos but also the photos people took while at goodwood.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Another bit about the GP including the digital dash that I think is a bit disappointing in not being fully digital. HERE
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Another bit about the GP including the digital dash that I think is a bit disappointing in not being fully digital. HERE
    Yeah, I feel that looks a bit ‘half-done’. I get the idea of wanting to keep an analogue rev counter because it’s ‘more sporty’ but it looks a little cheap in the photo. Hopefully it looks better in real life.