Bonnet scoop wrapping

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The scoop I bought came with new clips and a new screw in a bag, there were clips already on the scoop so got a couple of spares unless it all goes terribly wrong on removal of the scoop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Quote Originally Posted by goggs View Post
    The scoop I bought came with new clips and a new screw in a bag, there were clips already on the scoop so got a couple of spares unless it all goes terribly wrong on removal of the scoop

Oh that's good then. I'll see if I can pick up a bunch off eBay. I think it's mainly the bit of plastic which holds the rivet. It's so thin, it can easily snap
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Fitted this morning, 10 minute job, only broke one clip and skint one knuckle

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Looking
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Looking good

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by badwolf340 View Post
    Looking
    Thank you sir, gives me time to decide if I’ll stick with it black

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Looking good

Thanks very much, just need the black badges to show up now to complete the look

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Very nice!! Looks great. I attempted it myself today and I managed to get it off with no more clips breaking. But I failed with wrapping. It's so hard and it bubbled.

Here's what it looks like. But I decided to remove it because it looked awful and I ran out of wrap lol. May just buy a black one...
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Always love red and black colour schemes, work very well together

Did you wrap it in a single sheet Ehjack ?

I seen a few chaps online do it in 2 pieces !

I managed it in one but it’s not perfect but let’s me get used to it, I didn’t find bubbles a problem, biggest issue was stretching the vinyl for the inner section !

I may get it painted black tbh but I may have another go at wrapping it in a few months
    I see you can get aftermarket painted ones on eBay for under £100

I see you’ve gone down the beltline tape route, again something I’m considering

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Yeah I did it with one sheet, but like you said stretching was the issue. I also cut it too short so I had to patch it. It just looked a mess, especially when I saw it in the daylight!

Yeah I may go that route myself or find a salvage car and take that... I do have some plasti dip which I did consider but I don't want a Matt finish.

Yeah the beltline was a PITA, but not as bad as the hood scoop haha. You just need to take your time and be careful when cutting the ends, the hardest part is when going round bends, but the hairdryer helps a lot.
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210

Yeah I went with the single sheet as well, I reckon I could do it better if I do it again, I may still get it painted but we’ll see

Ah ok screw beltline is a pain in the rear as well

Have you ever removed the exhaust trims? Rubber mallet to encourage them of come off perhaps ?