Engine support bushings

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Hey all,

I've just ordered the Powerflex sport engine support mount bushings (yellow). I didn't want to go for the race (black) as I've heard the vibrations can be a bit much especially since this is my daily driver!

How easy is the install to do yourself? Is it just the case of popping out the old one, greasing the new one and inserting? Has it made a significant difference to the shifting?
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Seen that a few people have changed the mounts over. Not something I’ve done so can’t be of any help
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    One thing I will say is, be very careful! If a dealer spots that it could invalidate the warranty on a lot of things. As much as changing the bushes would probably be something I'd like to do, the fact the manufacturer warranty I had on my R56 paid for a new clutch and flywheel I wouldn't be messing with anything that could affect the warranty in that area.

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_JCW View Post
    One thing I will say is, be very careful! If a dealer spots that it could invalidate the warranty on a lot of things. As much as changing the bushes would probably be something I'd like to do, the fact the manufacturer warranty I had on my R56 paid for a new clutch and flywheel I wouldn't be messing with anything that could affect the warranty in that area.
    Hmm maybe you're right. The whole reason I went for the JCW pro coilovers was to maintain warranty. I'll perhaps just keep them and fit them in 2 years when the warranty runs out ha ha.

The engine is the one part I don't want to mess with when it comes to warranty.
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Lohen fast road F56 JCW
    I had the engine lower engine mount large bush replaced on my car when I had it modified and was charged 30 mins to fit it so it must be a simple job. As my orginal engine mounting bush was still in good condition and I cannot say I have noticed any diffrence but the Power flex yellow bush is more durable and holds the engine steadier and they say it can reduce vibration. I have heard that the original bushes can fail if you start you start pushing power etc. and start knocking. Note: I never use the original bush on my upgraded car.

As you say the black is for track/racing usage and could be too firm for daily usage.
    Lohen Fast road F56 JCW

Helix Clutch & lighten flywheel, Quaife ATB diff, Millteck sport down pipe with high flow cat, Forge intercooler, Eibach anti-roll bars, Eibach rear control bars, Manic stage 1 remap 95 ron, Bilstein B14 coilers lowered 30mm, Power flex bushes, panel filter, NGK plugs. Pilot sport 4 215/40/18Y tyres.