Help Required

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    I've been looking a lot recently at replacing my R56. I've looked at everything from f56 jcw, fk2 type R, abarth competizione to a Honda civic tourer.

But I stumbled across this jcw coupe earlier in the week it's one of the best speced coupes ive seen.

It has almost every option and has all the essentials, car seems well looked after and it's been serviced at 10k intervals thankfully didint follow the mini guidelines.

I've fancied a coupe for a while and it's a 12 plate so still has the n14 meaning I can swap over my aem just need a maf adapter.

I wanted to turn my r56 in to the ultimate gt mini but after weighing up options and crunching numbers I dont think it's worth all the effort and hard work. I can definitely see myself having a r56 again but I would rather go down the route of how tweedbean on Instagram has modified his r53 and now r55 (a full tear down and only use the best parts)

Anyway herse the car it has 45k miles, factory heated recaros, leather dash upgrade, media, cruise, climate, H/K, autolights wipers, black r112 alloys,

I priced the car up with an original pricelist and the car cost £31,100 new

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    If you want it got for it. However after you’ve had now 2 gen 2 cars won’t you get a little bored
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    If you want it got for it. However after you’ve had now 2 gen 2 cars won’t you get a little bored
    It's not a massive change but the driving experience is far different in the coupe it does feel like a totally different car. And my ideal car would be a brand new gen 2, but this ticks all the boxes it's still n14, lci so feels and looks much newer inside, far more modern media, and the fact it's a proper jcw. The coupe also seems far better insulated from noise than the hatch which is better for my gt mini goal

Car
    mini roadster jcw
    i love my roadtser but the only thing that comes close to a replacement in my eyes is a coupe , as long as you dont fit a miltek exhaust you could put the chassis stiffener from a roadster on it
    TAPS AFF FITT DOON

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by digi View Post
    i love my roadtser but the only thing that comes close to a replacement in my eyes is a coupe , as long as you dont fit a miltek exhaust you could put the chassis stiffener from a roadster on it
    This piece?

Tbh if I was going to add bracing I would probably just get the ultra racing kit but my plan for the car would be to keep as comfortable as possible because I want to do some big road trips across Europe, so I want something well insulated, comfy, quick and a decent boot so the coupe is the perfect fit. I think.

I've put a deposit down so if I want the car its mine

Car
    mini roadster jcw
    yep thats the bit
    TAPS AFF FITT DOON

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Nice shout Mark.

I’ll be interested to see how it gets transformed over the coming months.

It’s mental how much some folks have spent on new MINI’s, mine was £34K when it was new !!!

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    Nice shout Mark.

I’ll be interested to see how it gets transformed over the coming months.

It’s mental how much some folks have spent on new MINI’s, mine was £34K when it was new !!!

It's scary. I was going through the price list and there is almost nothing left unticked, comfort access and heat windscreen are the only options I'm certain it doesnt have. I forgot to note down the vin to decide it and check

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    It's scary. I was going through the price list and there is almost nothing left unticked, comfort access and heat windscreen are the only options I'm certain it doesnt have. I forgot to note down the vin to decide it and check

Yeah, they are about the only two things that mine hasn’t got either.

It was a young lass that bought it originally so I’m guessing that her parents were “very generous”.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    I think I have.

I sat in it and immediately thought in my head sh#t I'm going to have to buy this now

I was the same with the R59 JCW.
    As soon as I opened the door I just knew that the next 60-90 minutes were gonna leave me £13K lighter.