F56 JCW Engine Updgades/Mods

Hybrid View

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F56 John Cooper Works
    Hi,

I have a F56 JCW and I'm interested in doing a few mods to the car. I'm a total newbie when it comes to mods so any advice/info will be really appreciated!

I'm mainly interested in increasing the HP, probably just to Stage 1 - does anyone have any remap recommendations? Ideally in Scotland?

Is there anything else you'd recommend to change?

One thing I'm doing soon is taking the run flats off and changing over for Pilot Sport 4's because I HATE the run flats.

Cheers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190111_085516.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	7732

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Expect the below answers to add up to £1,000’s when they start appearing.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F56 John Cooper Works
    Oh I'm expecting that! I'm sure it'll all be worth it

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Could look at the JB4 which a few have done, means it can be removed if the car needs to go back in the garage. Would also look at an ITG panel filter.

There is loads you can do
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F56 John Cooper Works
    I'll definitely look at these, they sound quite promising!

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Lohen fast road F56 JCW
    As yourself if you going to be satisfied with just a remap? or is your goal for greater power?

Option 1 which is the best value for money if you are contented with just doing that. Quality remap and panel filter is my recommendation also the standard equipment will take the slight increase in power.

Option 2 Is a basis for a longer term power upgrade progression. Intercooler upgrade, high flow cat down pipe and panel filter with cooler spark plugs because both of these will be required if you intent to develop your in the future.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F56 John Cooper Works
    I think I'd just be looking for what you've listed as option 1. Stage 1 remap would be enough power for me, I think. In terms of getting a tuning box over a remap, I'm not too fussed on keeping it "stock" for selling, etc. because I'm keeping this car for a good wee while. One thing I have read is that remaps affect the car's warranty, is this true? My warranty is out in 2020 so if I need to wait another year before being able to remap then I'll probably look at doing other mods.

Would it be silly to upgrade the panel filter before the remap? Or should I do both at the same time?

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Lohen fast road F56 JCW
    If the warranty is important to you, I would not recommend you modify your car until it has ran out and this is a reasonably thing to do.

In my experience any modification will lead to loss of the warranty and with my previous cars they could down load data and send it away for analyisis to look for adnormal history to find away not to honour it. Note: Once you start this hiding game it also implies one has not declared it on their insurance and one would be at risk of finding out they don't have any insurance when they need it. They would also have major issues getting more if the worst case event was to happen.

Therefore the risks and rewards are a personal choice and trying to hide it is not worth the risk in my opinion and the lost of the warranty is nothing compared to getting caught with no insurance for such a little gain in performance.
    Lohen Fast road F56 JCW

Helix Clutch & lighten flywheel, Quaife ATB diff, Millteck sport down pipe with high flow cat, Forge intercooler, Eibach anti-roll bars, Eibach rear control bars, Manic stage 1 remap 95 ron, Bilstein B14 coilers lowered 30mm, Power flex bushes, panel filter, NGK plugs. Pilot sport 4 215/40/18Y tyres.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F56 John Cooper Works
    Yeah, I think I'll just wait until my warranty is up, just for peace of mind. I'll keep the engine mods to next year then! Thanks for all of the advice :)

Hi.
    If you need any help with insurance for modifications then please feel free to drop me a line.
    Regards,
    Dan.