Thread: Carly Coding OBD device...

Car
    Clubman Cooper S All4

Default Carly Coding OBD device...

Hi,
    I found this youtube clip on coding Minis and really fancied a few of the mods...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9woJLUrL7I

Does anyone know if the Carly Code device is good and would help in achieving those mods?

Mine is F54 2017, Cooper S Clubman.

Also... What difference is the Carly Lite and Carly Pro - apart from price - for Android?

Thanks in advance.

Car
    F56 JCW Challenge & R55 Clubvan

Carly light won’t allow you to code and you will also need to purchase a Carly OBD. adapter as well as the app
    MINI F56 John Cooper Works Challenge 20 - JCW Shift Light, JCW Pro Mats, JCW Carbon Fibre Gearknob, JCW Pro Diffuser, Chilli Red Engine Cover, Carbon Fuel Filler, Black Door Handles, DuellAG Splitter, DuellAG Carbon Fibre Spoiler, Airtec Intercooler, AWE Tuning S-FLO CAI, RSI Carbon Fibre Big Scoop, Mintex Challenge Track Pads - Still More To Come

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, Black Rota Blitz

Car

Also what Idrive system do you have? The one shown in the video or the newest version as some of the coding in the video isn’t available for the latest version
    MINI F56 John Cooper Works Challenge 20 - JCW Shift Light, JCW Pro Mats, JCW Carbon Fibre Gearknob, JCW Pro Diffuser, Chilli Red Engine Cover, Carbon Fuel Filler, Black Door Handles, DuellAG Splitter, DuellAG Carbon Fibre Spoiler, Airtec Intercooler, AWE Tuning S-FLO CAI, RSI Carbon Fibre Big Scoop, Mintex Challenge Track Pads - Still More To Come

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, Black Rota Blitz

There does seem to be a difference between the Clubman and Hatch when it comes to certain functions.

I've used the Carly Pro, for example, to turn off the Active Sound Design (sound generator) in both my own F56 and in my wife's F54. In both cars the attempt was successful. I've also used it to activate the tyre temperature display but I've only had success on my F56. According to the Carly Pro the function has been activated in my wife's F54 but there's been no change to the in-car display.

Aside from that though the Carly Pro has been handy for changing things like the temperature of the heated seats.

I'd recommend holding off until the next available MINI run if you can and then you can have a nosey at the Carly (if those of us with one remember to bring it) before buying it.

EDIT:

Also, as William's mentioned above, the Carly Pro isn't fully up to date with the latest MINI version so if your car has been updated recently by MINI then you may not be able to access everything.
    MINI F56 John Cooper Works
    18" Cup Spokes with Yokohama Advan AD08Rs, JCW Pro Aero Kit, JCW Pro Exhaust

Car
    Clubman Cooper S All4

Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Also what Idrive system do you have? The one shown in the video or the newest version as some of the coding in the video isn’t available for the latest version
    Thanks for the response...
    If by "iDrive" you mean the control interface for the central control screen... then I have the panel beside the parking brake switch with the touch sensitive knob, (no tittering) and the menu button with 4 other buttons around it... plus a back button & option button behind.

Pardon my ignorance...
    Last edited by Iain; 9th January 2019 at 04:32 PM.

Car
    Clubman Cooper S All4

Carly light won’t allow you to code and you will also need to purchase a Carly OBD. adapter as well as the app
    What functions does the Carly Lite have then, please?
    Just the warning code facility?

Car

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Thanks for the response...
    If by "iDrive" you mean the control interface for the central control screen... then I have the panel beside the parking brake switch with the touch sensitive knob, (no tittering) and the menu button with 4 other buttons around it... plus a back button & option button behind.

Pardon my ignorance...
    I mean the actual programme it’s self shown on the centre screen.. Does it match that in the video or is it the new version.

Car

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    What functions does the Carly Lite have then, please?
    Just the warning code facility?
    Not a great deal. Can’t fully remember what but next to nothing

Car
    Clubman Cooper S All4

I mean the actual programme it’s self shown on the centre screen.. Does it match that in the video or is it the new version.
    No, my screen looks different to the one in the video.

Car

Then some of the things your wanting coded won’t work such as tyre temp