Minis 60th birthday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Grampians transport museum are planning a 60th birthday celebration for mini on August 25th. They are trying to get 100 minis to make up a large 60 for an aerial photograph. Wondered if there would be some interest from the club

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Details

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Something we can look at definitely
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Asked the guy who posted it and he says classic and MINIs are welcome

I'm a trustee at the museum - happy to act as liason for this.

I know we've approached John Clark, and I believe neither the dealers nor BMW are planning anything

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I would be surprised if MINI/BMW didn’t do anything. I know that there is already a MINI 60 steering wheel that is available to spec on a car.

Possibly not down down the same lines as MINI 50 but would hope they will do something.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

I've not spoke to them myself, but I believe the trustee in charge of this event has and was told nothing was planned.

I'm surprised, it's an opportunity to flog more cars but it seemed they weren't planning any kind of celebration that wasn't involving an actual car launch.

I'll keep NMS updated on what's happening, the next trustee meeting is January

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Thanks Gordon

We had a museum trustee meeting last night, but both trustees who are in charge of this event weren't there! So no update I'm afraid.

I'll update this thread with news as I get it. Also, I live 100 yards from the museum so can easily accommodate anyone attending this who wants to wash their car beforehand, and might be able to offer accommodation the night before for two couples - can't guarantee that at the moment but let me know if you would be interested and I'll speak to the boss

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I’ll keep an eye on this post. I’m working that day at the moment but wouldn’t mind a wee trip north to be involved in this if it happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.