Frozen windows when opening F56

Car
    Mini Cooper S (F56 S2)
    Hey folks, well seen as it’s been freezing lately, I have noticed that when I go to open my doors on my F56, the mechanism that rolls the window down just a wee bit is frozen, meaning when I close the door I don’t get a good seal.

I am just concerned that this is gonna damage something. I’m assuming all you F56 owners experience this in the freezing temps as well? Any tips or tricks? I’m thinking a defrost spray can or something? But does that play nice with the rubbers around the seal?

Cheers :)

I have the same issue with the F56, had the same with the TT’s over the years, frameless windows are the issue other than going over the rubbers with some gummi pflege I now just run around the window/rubber with a bank or credit card to free the glass from the rubber to allow the drop, I’m not a fan of spraying anything on window rubbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    I had that problem. I went to go work and couldn't get any doors open to even start the car and defrost!!

Gummi Pflege is amazing. Costs about £9 on Amazon and it has even prevented a squeaky window. Makes all the rubber look new too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Not something I’ve experienced on my cars but would suggest going over with de-icer if the windows are frozen
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    Mini Cooper S (F56 S2)
    It’s more that the mechanism is frozen solid. Like I can get the door open as the window just moves past the rubber seals but the window is still fully up, so when I close to door it hits the rubber, as it would usually be down a little bit to get past it. Don’t think there’s any way to solve that issue, but was just concerned it was gonna cause some kind of damage.