New alloys question?

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Hey, so I've decided to treat my F55S to a Christmas present and I'm pretty keen to stick with 16s due to comfort (got coilovers being delivered soon) and tyre affordability.

The ones I'm really keen on are 16x7.5 et42 and was wondering if there would be any problems with poke and when my coils are fitted any clearance problems at all?

I'm planning to run 205/55/r16 slightly wider than the standardI195/55/r16 and apparently that also adds an additional 5.5mm arch gap loss..

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.ph...7-5&offset2=42

Any ideas if this setup will be fine?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56

What are your plans for the car ? Like for like looks for wheels or you hoping for something with a stretched tyre on it ?
    Can you get a wheel to try on the car ... 0.7mm closer to the strut for the wheel doesn’t seem too much but it’ll depend on the tyre too.
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Well I'm currently running the 16 inch loop spokes with winter tyres (195/55/16) and wanted some nice summer wheels to switch over next year.

Would it be worth going up to 17s? I think 16s look ok, and would probably be better comfort. I do want to go slighter wider than the standard 6.5j to a 7.5j with 205 wide tyres for better handling (I plan on doing a lot of travelling across North of Scotland). My coilovers will fill the horrible arch gap that exists.

Would it be better to go something like 17x7 and 17x7.5? Or go with wide 16s 16x7.5? I'm not looking for stretched tyres, just something with some nice width to grip better than the standard wheels.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune