Valentine One speed detector / OBD / Alarm

Car
    Clubman Cooper S All4
    (First posting - new to this lark... not sure if this is the correct forum...)
    Hi, does anyone here use a Valentine One radar / laser detector and have it permanently run via the OBD socket?
    Since fitting mine - and concealing the cables- to my 2017 All4 Clubman Cooper S,
    even with the device switched off, the alarm will occasionally go off...
    Any ideas, please, if the OBD fitting is an issue or a coincidence.
    Thanks!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    On all our F series cars the alarm will go off occasionally for no reason
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    Clubman Cooper S All4
    Thanks for the reply...
    I did read somewhere plugging unauthorised equipment in the OBD could trigger the alarm...
    hence the reason I leave the Valentine One switched off, or remove it just leaving the OBD socket.
    BUT the problem is intermittent... perhaps once a week.
    Thus the reason for my query.
    Thanks again @MINI William.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Thanks for the reply...
    I did read somewhere plugging unauthorised equipment in the OBD could trigger the alarm...
    hence the reason I leave the Valentine One switched off, or remove it just leaving the OBD socket.
    BUT the problem is intermittent... perhaps once a week.
    Thus the reason for my query.
    Thanks again @MINI William.
    No worries at all. Once a week? I wish it was only once a week the Challenge will do it most times it’s out and Megan’s 210 was the same. Out clubman isn’t quite as bad but at least a few times a week
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Yeah mine does the same, although it doesn't go off as much if the dashcam is unplugged from the 12v socket. So I'm guessing it's down to a power draw triggering it.

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Funny all this talk as I’ve had stuff plugged onto the OBD ports in the F56 and F54 and not had any issues at all with the alarm (so far) ...
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    Clubman Cooper S All4
    Fingers crossed it'll remain so...
    The alarm going off is a bl00dy nuisance...
    Luckily our neighbours are patient...
    For now...
    Last edited by Iain; 12th December 2018 at 04:05 PM.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by EcosseGP View Post
    Funny all this talk as I’ve had stuff plugged onto the OBD ports in the F56 and F54 and not had any issues at all with the alarm (so far) ...
    Had it on all the F cars. With things plugged in or not plugged in