R55,6,7,8,9 USB under heater controls

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Is the USB in the centre console always powered?

I've bought a USB bluetooth receiver and it has a little indication light to let you know when you are paired. But I'd prefer if the light wasnt flashing all the time. I know that USB doesnt put out much power because you cant run a sat nav of it but dont like the idea of something drawing power when the car is off.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    IIRC it's powered for something like 16 mins or some random number like that.

If you use anything that requires the battery then it's powered up again and the countdown is reset.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_JCW View Post
    IIRC it's powered for something like 16 mins or some random number like that.

If you use anything that requires the battery then it's powered up again and the countdown is reset.
    Ah that's fine then I can live with that

JCW Upgrade
    Car
    Mini One Graphite
    I have always my USB Stick in and it's one of these flashy ones and I've noticed it only flashes when you maybe lock the doors or open the doors, in my skoda it always seems to flash every so often when you are not in the car as the 12v is and USB is live all the time, the downside to removing the stick in the skoda is that it loses the place where you stopped listening to the Music.

Davy

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisterboy View Post
    I have always my USB Stick in and it's one of these flashy ones and I've noticed it only flashes when you maybe lock the doors or open the doors, in my skoda it always seems to flash every so often when you are not in the car as the 12v is and USB is live all the time, the downside to removing the stick in the skoda is that it loses the place where you stopped listening to the Music.

Davy
    I did use to have a flash drive for the mini. But I've been listening to podcasts more recently and it a real pain trying to keep upto date with new uploads