Thread: Drop in revs when cold

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    Cooper S

Default Drop in revs when cold

As the title suggests, my mini is prone to a serious drop in revs when moving off when cold. The revs drop to the point that it feels like itís going to stall but it rarely does, it also makes a horrible rattley noise when it does this. Itís mainly an issue on my way home from work as I have several junctions and roundabouts to negotiate before the engine warms up. Any ideas???

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    R50 cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    As the title suggests, my mini is prone to a serious drop in revs when moving off when cold. The revs drop to the point that it feels like it’s going to stall but it rarely does, it also makes a horrible rattley noise when it does this. It’s mainly an issue on my way home from work as I have several junctions and roundabouts to negotiate before the engine warms up. Any ideas???
    I take it that it is fine when warm? I wonder if it throws up any codes, your welcome to use my code reader if that would help?

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    Cooper S

Yes, fine once itís warmed up. Itís been on a code reader at the garage (thanks for the offer) a few months ago and all it was coming up with was the issues with the bypass valve doo-daa (now replaced).

Car
    F56 JCW Challenge & R55 Clubvan

Have you had the car remapped? Could be a map issue
    MINI F56 John Cooper Works Challenge 20 - JCW Shift Light, JCW Pro Mats, JCW Carbon Fibre Gearknob, JCW Pro Diffuser, Chilli Red Engine Cover, Carbon Fuel Filler, Black Door Handles, DuellAG Splitter, DuellAG Carbon Fibre Spoiler, Airtec Intercooler, AWE Tuning S-FLO CAI, RSI Carbon Fibre Big Scoop, Mintex Challenge Track Pads - Still More To Come

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, Black Rota Blitz

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    Cooper S

Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Have you had the car remapped? Could be a map issue
    I have but it was doing this before the remap!