Chrome fuel cap removal ?

I’ve bought an OEM replacement fuel cap cover in black, looking at you tube videos for the F56 this is an easy removal/refit !
    I should know better , when I look at the fuel cap inner in my car the tab to release the clip is not on the top (12 o’clock) but on the side (3 o’clock when looking at the rear of the cap) I’ve tried to lever out the lock clip then turn the chrome cap but so far to no avail

Any hints or tips from those who have already done this swap ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Quote Originally Posted by goggs View Post
    I’ve bought an OEM replacement fuel cap cover in black, looking at you tube videos for the F56 this is an easy removal/refit !
    I should know better , when I look at the fuel cap inner in my car the tab to release the clip is not on the top (12 o’clock) but on the side (3 o’clock when looking at the rear of the cap) I’ve tried to lever out the lock clip then turn the chrome cap but so far to no avail

Any hints or tips from those who have already done this swap ?

There's a guide on how to remove the fuel cap here:

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...aps/1VnXriTCLg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Thanks Ehjack, forgot you’d given me a link to that website

Hmmm maybe I’m not pulling the lock clip out far enough, will try again tomorrow

Thanks again for the link

Managed to get it swapped over today, that clip holding the cap in place is a real pain to get at to release

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Glad you managed to get it sorted.
    It looks easy enough in the photos ... but it always does !
    Those ten minute jobs that turn into a nightmare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Exactly, the videos online show it done in seconds, but they have the clip at 12 o’clock so more room to get at it, I couldn’t get the clip out far enough to allow the cap to be turned to release, I probably made it hard for myself

Now where are those JCW Pro Exhaust trims