Arm rest from (bmw de)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Just done a load of reading on the net - it appears (although if Big Col asks me to sign a bit of paper I'll run away :)) that it is currently a voluntary code by new manufacturers to not fit hard metal bull bars.

Several MP's seem to be trying to push through legislation to make them illegal but they have been doing so for 10 years.

One site puts questions to Inspector Grant Allan – Head of the Traffic department at Livingston Police Station, he might sign a bit of paper :)

Traffic Police

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col
    Just as a quick word of warning to peeps, the BBC and feedback on what they said on BBC2 will not stand up in court. If you smack someone whilst having bullbars on your motor you can't say "Well the BBC said via mini2 that they where legal". Be sure and ask whoever's fitting them to clarify that they're legal. For a bit of fun ask if possible get it in writing. Bet they brick it. :)
    Sorry dont know what i did there.

Point about the bullbars taken. A bit of bling isnt worth the risk of causing serious injury or worse to a nipper or auld yin. What about spotlights? They must be equally capable of inflicting damage (unnecesary some might argue) in similar circumstances? Hadn't really thought about it till now.:question:

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Just done a load of reading on the net - it appears (although if Big Col asks me to sign a bit of paper I'll run away :)) that it is currently a voluntary code by new manufacturers to not fit hard metal bull bars.

Several MP's seem to be trying to push through legislation to make them illegal but they have been doing so for 10 years.

One site puts questions to Inspector Grant Allan – Head of the Traffic department at Livingston Police Station, he might sign a bit of paper :)

Traffic Police

Sorted folks. Just stand up in court and say "MartinSullivan said" Seriously though. I'm not saying they're illegal or legal, just be sure and ask the person that's fitting them. MS is a very helpful chap but as he said, don't ask him to sign anything.

X30YES
    Arm rest arrived on Fri from Germany ....only four days from ordering !!

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Nipped down to Stirling today to get my armrest. Nice to meet you Ian and thank you very much for sticking your neck out to save us some dosh. The savings are going towards my new mirror finish which will be done next Tues. Cant wait. Now I need to speak very nicely to John since I have a few tiny little jobs for him to do.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Mini Me
    quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

Nipped down to Stirling today to get my armrest. Nice to meet you Ian and thank you very much for sticking your neck out to save us some dosh. The savings are going towards my new mirror finish which will be done next Tues. Cant wait. Now I need to speak very nicely to John since I have a few tiny little jobs for him to do.
    my pleasure ,it was nice to put a name to the face....

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    [/quote]my pleasure ,it was nice to put a name to the face....
    [/quote]

Her face had a name already

Face to name I thinks to myself

Mini Me
    yerafeckinbuggeryou, you know what i meant