BRG Coopersport 500

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by elgassi View Post
    cheers Gordy, I noticed Ian had a 500, what colour is your neighbours?

iirc mine is Build number 453 / 500 so one of the 'last ones built'
    or more accurately, the cars never came numbered, so the chassis number has been used as the build number, making mine the 47th last Mini Chassis produced
    It's that very dark blue colour. Think his is a late build number as well. Don't see it much as he keeps it tucked away in the garage most of the time but he does take it for a blast every now and then in the summer Ian gave it a quite extensive rebuild last year and it came back in mint condition

- - - Updated - - -

I see your into your classics tho....CC500, VW campervan and a Thundercat (I think)
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Quote Originally Posted by elgassi View Post
    what colour is it, Astro black with Silver roof, it looks a toy sitting next to a New Gen
    You can't beat a Classic
    Its just a gloss black with an old english white roof. Car was originally BRG, last owner had it resprayed in tartan red (professionally but badly) so i had it taken back to bare metal and sprayed black. These are listed as multicoloured on the V5 funnily enough

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Gordy
    Your neighbours 500 is Anthracite. I think James is considering selling it now.

Mine is Tahiti blue and did a massive 307 miles last year but is now tucked away with the Monaro and Focus RS until next summer.

Test Passed
    Car
    2004 Dark Silver R53, 2001 Cooper Sport 500, 73 VW Camper, 2010 FRS mr375, 2018 Elddis 194 MOHO
    Hi Ian, which model of Focus Rs do you have MK1, 2 or 3
    I sold my dearly loved and cherished P1 Subaru a couple of years ago, I decided I wanted a change and couldn't resist the macho looks of the Mk2 FRs, and what a cracking car it is...IMO

couple of Pictures, one at home and the other taken at Knockhill Ford day last year on the FRSOC stand
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Knockhill ford Live (26)1.jpg   post-3858-0-86778500-1375900807.jpg  
    Project - 2004 DS R53

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Gordy
    Your neighbours 500 is Anthracite. I think James is considering selling it now.
    he's not mentioned it. What a pity

- - - Updated - - -

Need to ask him how much he's looking for it
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Car
    MK3 Nitrous Blue. 2 years old now and just clocked 1000 miles. I took it to the Ford day at Knockhill on the FRSOC stand in 2017. I couldn't make the 2018 day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    he's not mentioned it. What a pity

- - - Updated - - -

Need to ask him how much he's looking for it
    I think c£16k, which is very fair indeed. He could prob get more come the spring.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I think c£16k, which is very fair indeed. He could prob get more come the spring.
    16K.....OUCH....!!!
    Did he ever get to the bottom of his "brakes sticking on" problem..??

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    16K.....OUCH....!!!
    Did he ever get to the bottom of his "brakes sticking on" problem..??
    Not that I know of. I put new brakes on all round, inc callipers. Lack of use wont help though. That's what knackered up the last set of brakes on it.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Lack of use wont help though. That's what knackered up the last set of brakes on it.
    I've offered to give it a thra.....sorry....gentle run for him on several occasions but he seems reluctant somehow even with me re-assuring him that I've owned several classic mini before

Test Passed
    Car
    2004 Dark Silver R53, 2001 Cooper Sport 500, 73 VW Camper, 2010 FRS mr375, 2018 Elddis 194 MOHO
    I can see we might have to get a CS 500 Scottish meet organised for next year
    Project - 2004 DS R53