Electric Car Update

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    Not really my cup of tea aesthetically. Those wheels would be the first to go . But I can see the appeal for some people.
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune

Car
    F54 Clubman JCW 306bhp
    Those wheels are... interesting...

JCW Upgrade
    Car
    Mini One Graphite
    I kinda like the wheels, maybe yelling out to the younger generation.

Davy
    2009 Mini One Graphite, Minibitz Stubby aeril, Minibitz Beltline Kit, Headlight and rear lights dechromed Minibitz Black Mini Badges, Front Tow Hook, Pipercross Air Filter, Scorpion Red Power Non Reasonated Exhaust, JCW R105 Alloys! Sunstrip, Tartan Interior Mirror Cover, Osram Nightbreakers, Halfords Super Advanced Sidelight Bulbs, Black Rear Spoiler, Ultraguage, Smoked Side Repeaters, GP2 JCW Gear Lever, SMPS Black Grille Slats, Neo Brothers Strutbrace, Yellow Details..........What's next to do??

**Mini One Graphite with Added JCW**

One half of Gobi and Sahara
    Car
    F56 JCW LCI 2
    I like it, already played the ‘what would you do to it’ game lol
    Live each day like it's your last....because one day it will be!

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    2017 Countryman S E
    Still concerned about the range tbh. If you drive it properly you wont get anywhere near the quoted range. Will be test driving one once its launched though cause next car will prob be a toss up between this and new 1 series hybrid

It'll suit a certain type of driver, but full electric cars will never fully take over. Too many people park their cars on the street and not in a drive, who will pay for all the public charging points etc etc.

Electric cars are older than petrol cars - and if you want to see where it all started, come along to the Grampian Transport Museum and see the Davidson electric motor in action!

(Shameless plug...)

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I think that VW have just beaten MINI to the coolest pedals ever seen in an electric car.
    They have a “pause” symbol on the brake and a triangular “play” button on the accelerator.
    It’s the small details that count.

Sent from Yorkshire wi an hint o’ sarcasm.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I think you’ll be surprised how quick the transition from fossil to full EV will be. Battery density, battery chemistry and design are improving now at a pace. The disappointment with this MINI SE is it’s a compromise and not a fully designed from the ground up EV. I recon real world at best 130 miles going by past BMW packs in i3. I stand by view people should not be denied driving fossils if they want but the reality is apart from classic Cars and Supercars/Hypercars average joe will see fossil Cars priced out of use. Scotland is already planning banning the sales of new fossil Cars by 2030 and is one of the more aggressive Countries. Road Tax will see a premium as fossil prices rocket.

When your seeing 20%-80% in fifteen minutes and price comparisons it makes sense, when they crack under ten minutes for 20-80% then charging becomes irrelevant to what everyone was used to in filling up.. We all know the instant power is there. As for people parking in the street we don’t have petrol stations on our drives or at every parking spot. Petrol stations are already rolling out charge points on top of charge points at shopping centres etc. In Britain we have went from I think it was 22k petrol stations in the 90’s to 8.5k today.

The huge difference apart from price is people now have the opportunity to charge at home using either a power grid that is getting greener year on year or off solar. Public charging in Scotland is free. A friend got a Zoey EV it does at best 90 miles to a charge in summer, 68 in winter does 46 miles a day commute (works fo the MOD) He charges every night at the public charge point two minutes drive from his house while has his coffee and reads his paper for free and has done 26k miles free since he started. His other car just now for the weekend is a one year old BMW M5 he uses for fun and longer family trips. He actually loves his 30 minutes of peace from the mad house as he calls it -(Wife three kids) at the end of his shift to unwind. He does granted charge at home on occasion but rarely as he’s on a mission with the whole free charging/Mileage thing. I know that’s an extreme example but it’s saved him a fortune on fuel and he got a £10k dealer in association with make discount on the Car new when he got it as the new version was about to launch. Think it went from £28k - £4.5k Government grant -£10k Discount. Think it was around 13k he paid, delivery miles. Two year after owning it was still worth £15k that’s some maths and a silly deal at the time when dealers couldn’t shift them. Cars now four years old I think. He was just prepared to be ahead of the curve and it’s paid off.

Comparison on just the cost to fuel and where he burst of the tech is just now.

BMW 3 Series V Tesla Model 3 for 300 mile journey. On old Supercharger standard not the newer version that sees 15 minutes charging.

Fill up at a quiet petrol station seven minutes - Tesla 37 minutes ( while having lunch)

Cost for 300 miles : BMW £47 - Tesla SC £14 Tesla same journey charged over night at best economy night rate at home £4.
    Last edited by Stewart; 2nd June 2019 at 02:35 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    We just took delivery last month of a brand new Zoe. Had our last zoe we bought a year old for 3 years. With dealer contribution and government grant what should be a £23k car cost £16k. Mum uses it every day. New car has the bigger 40kw battery so range is 160-200+miles. Mum has the benefit of having charges at the hospitals so she gets a charge 9 times out of 10 while working. But she can happily do a weeks commute on a single charge and the governt fund a charger at the house so if she is really struggling we have the house charger.

Now that mini have got the ball rolling with a fun EV I can seriously see myself with an ev in the not too distant future.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    New and old

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk