Electric Car Update

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Car
    2017 F56 JCW & 2016 R60
    My longest trip currently is to the airport, which is about 45 miles. If I can charge it up, get to the airport, leave it there a few days and then drive home at the end of the week, then I'll take a 130 mile range. Seriously tempted. And will then get a Wildcat Defender for the weekend.
    2017 F56 JCW Cooper S
    2016 R60 All4 Cooper S: All boxes ticked.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbyclark View Post
    My longest trip currently is to the airport, which is about 45 miles. If I can charge it up, get to the airport, leave it there a few days and then drive home at the end of the week, then I'll take a 130 mile range. Seriously tempted. And will then get a Wildcat Defender for the weekend.
    All of the what I would call 2nd gen of electric cars like the new 208, corsa, mini VW ID and new leaf are all coming out with a 50kw battery and even if you are hammering the car which because it's an ev you dont because after the initial torque shove there is no reward to going faster. It is very difficult to get the m/kw below 3 which still comfortably gives you a range of 150miles and with charging technology most new ev have a quick charge feature which gives you 80% charge in the time it takes you to drink a coffee.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    I think the biggest issue with evs is people's perception of them. Everyone seems to judge them based on ultimate range which isnt really fair. As I would imagine there are very few times anyone does a trip that is over 150miles. And for all the money you could save on petrol or diesel the other 364 days you arent doing a 150 miles trip you can hire a car and still be quids in.

I can only speak from out experience but the reliability of electric cars seems to be fantastic. In the 3 years and 20k miles we put on the last zoe. It never needed a thing and unless the dealership held on to the receipts I dont think had every had any work done. No tyres no disks no pads. I find it very hard to believe that a clio would manage to do 40k miles and sail through an mot with not a single advisory. The car got its yearly service which is a visual inspection a cabin filter change and a brake fluid change.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

They will need to come down quite a lot in price to make sense for most folk, in terms of the initial capital outlay.

I wonder where we'll be in 10-15 years in terms of government tax, and replacing the lost revenue from declining sales of dinosaur juice

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    2017 F56 JCW & 2016 R60
    I suspect we will see no 'government subsidy' and a hike in charges for using electricity to run a car.
    2017 F56 JCW Cooper S

I suspect we will see no 'government subsidy' and a hike in charges for using electricity to run a car.
    I agree, although it'll be interesting how they separate the electricity you use to charge your car from that to power your TV etc. Will they make everyone have a separate meter for the car charger?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Officially unveiled on the 9th HERE
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2017 F56 JCW & 2016 R60
    I've bitten the bullet and pre-ordered one.
    2017 F56 JCW Cooper S

JCW Upgrade
    Car
    Mini One Graphite
    Be intresting to hear what you think about it, keep us informed.

Davy
    2009 Mini One Graphite, Minibitz Stubby aeril, Minibitz Beltline Kit, Headlight and rear lights dechromed Minibitz Black Mini Badges, Front Tow Hook, Pipercross Air Filter, Scorpion Red Power Non Reasonated Exhaust, JCW R105 Alloys! Sunstrip, Tartan Interior Mirror Cover, Osram Nightbreakers, Halfords Super Advanced Sidelight Bulbs, Black Rear Spoiler, Ultraguage, Smoked Side Repeaters, GP2 JCW Gear Lever, SMPS Black Grille Slats, Neo Brothers Strutbrace, Yellow Details..........What's next to do??

**Mini One Graphite with Added JCW**

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Look forward to seeing it.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz