2014 Mini Countryman SD Wheel Bearing Replacement

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Countryman Cooper SD
    Hi, For the last week or so i have been hearing a thump - thump - thump sound when travelling around 50/60mph i suspect the nsf wheel bearing is needing replaced, i have jacked the car up and there is no play in the wheel and no noise when i rotate, Tyre all looks ok no issues with wear etc. Today my tyre pressure light came on but the tyres are all ok, i have been reading that this could be related to a wheel bearing issue.

I have ordered the a new hub including bearing to make life easier and am going to have a go at fitting at the weekend, i have done numerous discs and pads etc and would tackle most jobs myself but this will be my first time doing a wheel bearing.

Does anyone know what size the large nut is to remove the hub? think i am going to have to order a socket. Car is 2014 Mini Countryman SD.

Thanks

Have you checked the anti roll bar bushes?
    This sounds like what I had, drove me mad for couple weeks then saw slightest movement changed them out for poly bush... all done..
    Result..

Good luck...

Try this if your still doing wheel bearing.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=31_0912

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Countryman Cooper SD
    Sorry for the late reply, i checked these and all looked OK so i went ahead and replaced the wheel bearing although the noise is definitely better its still not gone away completely, going to try swapping the back and front wheels around in case its the tyre.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I used to have a 2012 Countryman SD and it ate through wheel bearings. All four of them were replaced over my ownership, fortunately under warranty at the time.