R53 cooper s shocks or coilovers

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini cooper s r53 2006 230+bhp
    Hi all ! , My wee cooper s is needing back shocks , I don't know what shocks are on it but it's been lowered 30mm, I was looking at going for short shocks or coilovers , but can't decide, it handles well , but hypothetically it can jump slightly if you take a corner above 100mph (on a track or private land , wouldn't dream of breaking the speed limit), I like the Stance and the go-cart handling and the springs are in good condition, so my question is are the coilovers standard hight or am I better getting short gas shocks .
    Any help would be appreciated.

R53 cooper s ,airtec intercooler ,15%Kav , Newman cam ,380 injectors, large K&N , Toyo sports stainless manifold with hi-flow cat , 3" twin exhaust and remap, 30mm drop, drilled and grooved discs,
    Will be getting a new Dyno done in the next few weeks, before I changed the standard manifold to the 2.5" stainless and hi-flow cat and air filter it was 224 bhp with 210 ft-lbs torque, feels much better now, revs to 7500rpm now but loud enough to wake the dead.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Depending more on what your looking for and how much adjustability you want. There are pro’s and con’s to both
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    Mini cooper s r53 2006 230+bhp
    Hi there , I like the Stance and ride height ,it reminds me of my old xr2's , the shocks still work but have started squeaking, I have had coilovers in the past but they always seemed quite harsh, and I don't know anybody who can set up the weight distribution in my area, I used to prefer lowered springs with gas shocks but this is my first new shape mini, I did have a old shape w reg about 20 odd year's ago and it was great fun, O and I forgot to mention I am a mechanic and have been for 30 years +, and a perfectionist , which can be a pain in the ass , and I have Uniroyal rain sport 3's all round if that helps, I would like to keep the ride height and maybe a wee bit stiffer shocks,
    Ps
    I fkn hate speed bumps ! Especially the fn red one's !

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I’ve never had any issues running standard springs with Eibach Pro (30mm) springs in the past few cars. They’ve never made the car feel anything other than planted when on the road.
    I’ve run coil overs in the past (not on MINIs) and hated them with a passion just because of the noise they made. Not too sure if things have changed over the years but certainly my preference for the R53 would be standard shocks mated with Eibach Pro springs. I have also changed the bushes to poly bushes too which also helps and pulled it altogether with a GTT upper strut brace. The last R53 ran a lower strut brace too.

Pro Grip in the central belt can assist with suspension issues and car weighting but they don’t like low stuff ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I too run our R50 on Eibach Pro spings and find them a bit more compliant than the stock items

Quote Originally Posted by EcosseGP View Post
    Pro Grip in the central belt can assist with suspension issues and car weighting but they don’t like low stuff
    John at ProGrip can indeed help with the wheel alignment side of things but I don't think he has the equipment to set up corner weights. As you say he hates really low cars. He just won't do them
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'