JCW Pro Exhaust Question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi all,

When I was in buying my JCW they had a challenge 210 in, I did consider the car but it was not well specced, anyway the sales chap started the car up and let me hear the pro exhaust in action ! Flippin heck I could have fun with that !

Anyway, I’ve been looking at retrofitting at some point in ownership, so the question I have, is the pro exhaust basically a decat system with the controlled flap on the back box? I say this as any images I have seen don’t seem to show a cat or middle silencer, does this affect emissions for MOT ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 GP
    The JCW Pro connects to the factory downpipes on both models so the factory cat remains in place. The short answer is that you'll be absolutely fine in terms of emissions.

As for silencers, there is a secondary silencer on the Cooper S which the JCW does not have. The JCW Pro removes this secondary silencer (on the Cooper S) and also gives the option to bypass the rear (main) silencer (on both models), essentially making the exhaust "straight through" from the cat back.

I do know there's a difference in diameter between the Cooper S and JCW exhausts - the JCW is a little bit bigger - but I can't remember if there's a difference between a JCW Pro system for a Cooper S and a JCW Pro system for a JCW, or whether it's the same system with an adapter for the Cooper S.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will along to confirm/ correct.
    F56 GP with some JCW Pro goodies.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    As Ali has said above the Pro Exhaust replaces the section from the downpipe back so doesn’t effect emissions. With the flap open it becomes a straight though catback as it bypasses the backbox. JCW Proexhauts are hard to come by now.

I dont think it would be a Challenge 210 as these where no specable cars with almost everyone option box ticked. More likely to be either a Works 210 that where specable cars or a JCW Challenge than again was a non specable car built by Total Track for MINI with a Quaife diff & Nitron Coilovers to name a few of the changes. All F56 but totally different cars
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Thanks gents, really appreciate your responses, I’m learning each time I come on to the forum
    I assume it would be a straight swap from the standard jcw exhaust to the pro then? No cutting of parts etc?

The car in the showroom was grey in colour, had a minimal spec, cloth interior, no heated seats, non digital air con, no large nav etc, it did have black graphics up the rear quarters, probably as you say just a factory order car

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Sounds like a factory car. Straight swap for the exhaust itself. The control unit goes behind the OSR light cluster and then a wire goes all the way to the fuse box behind the glove box. Not a hard task at all. I may have an exhaust for sale
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Sounds like a factory car. Straight swap for the exhaust itself. The control unit goes behind the OSR light cluster and then a wire goes all the way to the fuse box behind the glove box. Not a hard task at all. I may have an exhaust for sale
    Ah I see, well let me know if your selling and what your after

Soooooo I’m advised by mini that yes I could fit the pro exhaust but as the car was registered in Aug 18 any warranty would be void if there was an issue with the car due to the emissions scandal

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Quote Originally Posted by goggs View Post
    Soooooo I’m advised by mini that yes I could fit the pro exhaust but as the car was registered in Aug 18 any warranty would be void if there was an issue with the car due to the emissions scandal

That’s a wee bit off especially given it’s a recognised MINI part and if they fitted it too it should be covered by warranty. I’m sure you can still order one so I don’t understand why they’d say it would invalidate any warranty. MINI offer a two year warranty on parts so you’d get that anyway. I can’t see the exhaust causing you issues in that time so you should be good.
    I think the pro exhaust fitted is around £1900

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Seems to be to do with my car being tested under the new emissions standards I’m advised

Last edited by goggs; 6th November 2018 at 07:42 PM.

Found this write up with regard to the pro exhaust on cars fitted with the GPF

https://www.minif56.com/threads/2019...g.85181/page-2