MPG...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I finally got around to downloading an MPG App to correctly work out the MPG that I’m getting.
    It’s not a “must have” thing ‘cos I just drive whenever I need to.
    I have done it just out of curiosity more than anything.
    I’ve only two full months of data up to now and in all honestly I can’t complain at the figures that I’m getting.
    My car is an R59 JCW and I mainly use V-Power Nitro+ unless I fill up at Tesco in Dalkeith and then it’s Momentum 99.
    Here are the totals for August & September:

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.
    Last edited by CiderFex; 22nd October 2018 at 07:14 AM.

JCW Upgrade
    Car
    Mini One Graphite
    What's the App you are using?

I'd be quite keen to see my MPG after a couple of full tanks and not rely on the computer.

Davy

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Davy, it’s called “Fuel Monitor”.
    I’m on iOS and I don’t know if it’s available on Android.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/fuel...600375778?mt=8

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I’ve got one called road trip. Not used it in years. I’ve either got a divers boot or another issue as my R55 JCW is only getting 31.8mpg as per the computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Good figures Pete
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Good figures Pete
    Yeah, I’m quite happy with them William.

The Hearse was averaging 46-50mpg on the commute but that doesn’t have a Sport Button or a retractable roof that really knackers up its aerodynamics.

How accurate are those figures to what the OBC says? I'm always suspicious that pretty much every OBC over-estimates MPG

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    How accurate are those figures to what the OBC says? I'm always suspicious that pretty much every OBC over-estimates MPG
    Those figures are calculated directly from the actual mileage done and the exact amount of fuel used down to a hundredth of a litre Gordon.
    It’s just an electronic version of the olde worlde pen and paper method.

Car
    2018 Cooper S Works 210
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    Those figures are calculated directly from the actual mileage done and the exact amount of fuel used down to a hundredth of a litre Gordon.
    It’s just an electronic version of the olde worlde pen and paper method.

Pete I think Gordon was wondering what the car was saying you got mpg wise to see how accurate it was.
    The trip computer on BMWs are pretty accurate in my experience, it starts off inaccurate as hell but tends to be much better as you get nearer the bottom of the tank.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_JCW View Post
    Pete I think Gordon was wondering what the car was saying you got mpg wise to see how accurate it was.
    The trip computer on BMWs are pretty accurate in my experience, it starts off inaccurate as hell but tends to be much better as you get nearer the bottom of the tank.
    Fair point Eddie, ta.

These are the stats from the last fill up until this morning:

The computer isn’t THAT far out (+2.3mpg) to be honest compared to what the real world figures are.