Wheel spacers...

Anyone any recommendations for wheel spacers and where to get at a reasonable price!? Now that Olive has been lowered the requirement for spacers screams out at me even more! Won’t be going more than 12mm, probably about 10mm. I know the sensible option is different wheels but I love my R105’s! I had H&R’s on my last mini and am tempted to go with them again but just wondered if anyone else has any recommendations!

TIA

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    I use Kavs you can get them from 1320 or orranje

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    As long as you use a decent name brand then you shouldn't have any issue. Issues come from using the multifit rubbish from Halfords or the like. Might be an idea to get longer bolts at the same time I think with orranje you can select bolts while buying the spacers

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    As Mark has said as long as it’s a reputable brand you should be ok. If your going as big as 10mm I would also get done longer wheel bolts just to be on the safe side. R105s are a stunning wheel.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Yeah there is no question that I’ll be getting longer bolts! It’s funny how 10mm is considered wide when the ones I had on my last mini were over 20mm

My main query is just if anyone has any experience of any other brands other than H&R or Eibach!

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Quote Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Yeah there is no question that I’ll be getting longer bolts! It’s funny how 10mm is considered wide when the ones I had on my last mini were over 20mm

My main query is just if anyone has any experience of any other brands other than H&R or Eibach!
    Yes I have had experience with Eibach spacers on my R53. I didn’t have any issues with the spacers or the way the wheels fitted. The only thing I struggled to get was longer bolts in black but I got them after hunting about. I bought the spacers from Lohen (link https://www.lohen.co.uk/eibach-pro-spacers-gen2) and they sell the longer bolts too. I’ve only used 10mm spacers as I don’t think any bigger than that is safe. 10mm on the R53 brought the wheels to just about level with the wheel arch and with lowered springs I felt the R53 looked perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Quote Originally Posted by EcosseGP View Post
    Yes I have had experience with Eibach spacers on my R53. I didn’t have any issues with the spacers or the way the wheels fitted. The only thing I struggled to get was longer bolts in black but I got them after hunting about. I bought the spacers from Lohen (link https://www.lohen.co.uk/eibach-pro-spacers-gen2) and they sell the longer bolts too. I’ve only used 10mm spacers as I don’t think any bigger than that is safe. 10mm on the R53 brought the wheels to just about level with the wheel arch and with lowered springs I felt the R53 looked perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The spacers on my R53 had to be bigger due to the Zeemax bodykit being on the fat side! I’ll only be getting hubcentric ones anyway!

I’ve used TPI spacers and bolts on my TT’s in the past, lightweight, black in colour, hub centric and longer bolts with locking bolts as well, not cheap though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used 13mm spacers in the past with my R95s and I had to get rid of them - they absolutely ruined the ride quality. OEM wheels are heavy anyway (especially 18" ones), couple that with the weight of the spacers, plus the biggest effect of moving that weight further out from the suspension pivot and I found that the suspension just couldn't cope and lost all wheel control

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Quote Originally Posted by goggs View Post
    I’ve used TPI spacers and bolts on my TT’s in the past, lightweight, black in colour, hub centric and longer bolts with locking bolts as well, not cheap though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that, I’ll take a look!