R56 Cooper headlight bulbs

the ones in my wife's car are pretty rubbish!

It has standard headlights what bulbs should it have? Im seeing conflicting details about them having separate high/low bulbs and other info that says its an H4.

what is the correct bulb, so I can buy some upgrades?

or

is there a holy-grail factory-fit hid that I can get from a breakers?

thanks

BB

Car
    F56 MINI COOPER S Thunder grey
    Its an H4 bulb thats in them
    i have osram night breaker bulbs which are a lot brighter

F56 MINI Cooper S, thunder grey, john cooper works body kit colour coded jcw pro front splitters Maxton design roof spoiler extensions, JCW rear bumper diffuser, wheel arches side skirts, fuel cap, heads up display, black door handles headlamp and tail light trims, ac schnitzer front splitter maxton design side skirt extensions, ultra racing strut brace

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    MINI lights have always been shocking unless you have the LED upgrade. I’ve tried a number of bulbs over the years to try and make them better but without any real success. The xenon lights are slightly better but they come at a significant to swap the lights over and then attempt to get them working in non xenon factory build cars.
    Don’t waste your money on PIAA bulbs they’re not worth the extra cash ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    MINI Cooper S Convertible R52
    As above, deffo H4 as just changed mine. The Osram night breakers are a good upgrade over standard bulbs, have had these in all my cars. Some of the "130% brighter" bulbs that halfrauds sells give out a decent nice white light too, but I've found they don't seem to last very long.

JCW Upgrade
    Car
    Mini One Graphite
    Another vote for Nightbreakers, got them in my Skoda Fabia which is only 9 months old and again headlights as standard were rubbish, will prob update them to nightbteakers in the Mini at some point.

Davy

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I fitted Osram Night Breaker Plus in GP1499 nearly 6 years ago and they are still going strong.
    Yes, I’ve not used in over a year, but I did drive it for about 35K miles before that so they do last very well.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.