JCW F56 Pro Diffuser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi all,

Who has the pro diffuser fitted ? Was this an easy upgrade? Can anyone share good pics of it fitted ?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I had one fitted to my JCW and we fitted one to the wife’s 210 not long before we changed cars and the Challenge comes with it as standard. They are bonded onto the back bumper so once it’s on, it’s on
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Cheers William, interesting about the bonding, I did see a section on the fitting guide about glueing but it didn’t look like it was too the bumper itself ! That may rule that enhancement out

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Ive got the pro diffuser fitted too but on this occasion I didn’t fit it. It was done by the garage so unfortunately I can’t help with the fitting side of things but interesting to hear it’s bonded on as I was planning on taking mine off and getting it painted
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Quote Originally Posted by EcosseGP View Post
    Ive got the pro diffuser fitted too but on this occasion I didn’t fit it. It was done by the garage so unfortunately I can’t help with the fitting side of things but interesting to hear it’s bonded on as I was planning on taking mine off and getting it painted
    I’d have been looking to take it off if selling the car on at some point

Anyone know how to release the various clips around the trim as shown in the pic below to remove the bumper insert ?

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    They’ll just push out but they’ll be tight. You’ll probably need to start at one end and work your way to the other. If I mind right I used a flat end screwdriver to push the clip down and then tried to pull the trim out at the same time. Once you get the first few out the others will be easier. Probably a job for two if you can ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Try will be the same as most other MINI clips a bit tight but once you get started they come away
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

I thought Audi trim was well secured I had a go at releasing them earlier along with the outer edge trim but couldn’t get them to budge, did you do the job with the bumper in situ ?

Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Try will be the same as most other MINI clips a bit tight but once you get started they come away
    Cheers William, I thought I could get it done fairly easily but it wasn’t budging and I didn’t want to damage the bumper cut outs for the clips