Redstuff brake pads - less dust??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    Mini Cooper S r56 2008
    Evening mini peeps. I am due to get my alloys refurbished next week and started researching brake pads that produce less dust. EBCs redstuff pads were said to have a ceramic mix in the material that produces less dust and a lighter colour dust. Anybody used these pads that confirm if this is true.
    Or if anyone can recommend another type of pads that promise less dust that would be great. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Haven't used redstuff. I had green stuff on the last mini and they were incredibly dusty. I've got mintex sport pads in just now they have really good bite and they don't seem to dust much.

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I’ve had EBC Yellowstuff on GP1499 and they aren’t too shabby for brake dust to be honest.
    As soon as the pennies allow I’ll be getting a full set for the R59 JCW.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

I've tried a lot of pads over the years, but absolutely love Ferodo DS2500.

I don't actually drive my car enough to know how much dust they produce though...

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

I'm using mintex fast road and the amount of dust is dreadful. Cant wait to change them.

Good brake pads mind you, lots of bite

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Are the red EBC pads not just recomended for track use....??
    Think they take a fair bit of heating up before they work which makes them a bit scary for normal road driving.....but I could be wrong
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    Mini Cooper S r56 2008
    It's Mintex pads that are on just now and there is nothing wrong with the stopping power, just the dust. I was driving a big heavy Audi estate before and never noticed the dust as an issue like this. Will have to do some more research to see if redstuff are meant for track use.
    Could also be the style of alloys holding more dust. It's the Flame design alloys.
    Will post some updated photos once the Black Chrome refurb is complete.

Car
    Mini Cooper S r56 2008
    This is the blurb lifted from the EBC site on Redstuff pads. For road use on cars over 200bhp.

"The Redstuff series is EBC’s flagship brake pad range for prestige vehicles with over 200 BHP. Manufactured fully in the UK, the Redstuff pad is ECE R90 approved for road legal use within Europe for the majority of applications. Utilising a ‘low dust’ compound, the Redstuff pad is most popular for vehicles that need to be kept clean with minimal requirement. Designed & manufactured as a performance road pad, the Redstuff is capable of withstanding multiple heavy braking on the road without fade and with minimal disc / rotor scoring"

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    The Yellowstuff are very much the same apart from the fact they work better when cold.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    I can second the yellow stuff pads they are very good even from cold. I’ve had them fitted on a couple of cars now without any issues. I was going to use the Mintex 1144 pads when I changed the pads on my R53 but I sold it before the time came. The brake dust wasn’t that bad overall on the wheels and it’s far better than that when you use cheap pads.
    Yellow stuff pads will take a good hammering and couple them with a decent set of discs, braided hoses and a decent fluid you’ll be sorted for everything you can throw at the wee buggy either on the track or on the road.
    I think I had the Brembo drilled and grooved discs on the last R53 with the yellow stuff pads.
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.