F56 front grill surround removal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi,

I am looking at de-chroming the F56, I am ok with replacing the light surrounds for the black units but am wondering how easy it is to swap out the chrome front grill outer surround, is it a bumper off job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    If you don’t want to damage the original surround then yes it’s a bumper off job. If your replacing not fussed about running the risk of damaging it then it can be taken off but more than likely will crack
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Thanks William

Has anyone fitted one of the gloss black grill covers that fit over the chrome grill?

They are more expensive to buy than the genuine full replacement mind you

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by goggs View Post
    Has anyone fitted one of the gloss black grill covers that fit over the chrome grill?

They are more expensive to buy than the genuine full replacement mind you

I have done also. They are a good fit but can tell it’s a cover when you get up close, but a doddle to fit as it just sticks over the existing trim.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Thanks William, hmmm something to think about I guess, I’d prefer to go for the real deal but I’m not sure I want to be pulling the bumper off a new car to fit it.

Ordered up a set of gloss black surrounds for the lights and grills

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Light rings are a doddle to fit, grill you’ll need to decided to pull it off or take the bumper off. At the price of them I’ve just pulled mine off with one small crack to the chrome grill

Cheers William, I’ll get the light rings on easy enough I think, looking at YouTube vids it seems straight forward, can’t find any how too’s on the grill removal so that may be a longer more difficult job !

Anyone replace the bonnet scoop? Was considering a black one to match the rest

Car
    F55 Mini Cooper S 210
    I recently replaced my front grill. It wasn't too difficult. You definitely need a spare set of hands to help lift the bumper off and disconnect the lights. Other than that it's just a load of bolts. I think it was 5 inside the bonnet and 8-10 underneath the bumper. You will also need to remove part of the wheel arch as there's a couple bolts there too.

Once you've got the bumper off it's just a case of removing the grill (patience is key here as it's a PITA)

whilst I had mine off I also decided the wrap the chrome bar in red

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    MINI F55 Cooper S 210
    Blazing Red II, 17" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s with Eagle F1s 225/45r17, JCW 210 Tuning Kit, Black Door Handles, Team HEKO Wind Deflectors, Black Grille and Grille Strip, Black Front and Rear Light Surrounds, Retrofitted Driving Modes, JB4 Tune