Future Models

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    A little glimpse of what the future may intail

CLICK
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Some interesting info there

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Depending on the setup they use a hybrid 3 door JCW could be a very quick and exciting car.

Even the full electric F56 next year will be hard to beat off the line I’d imagine.

I’m looking forward to the 3 door with 400hp and 4WD rumours already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    2017 Countryman S E
    Whilst I believe hybrid and full electric is the way forward...unless your at home charging is a nightmare!

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Sad_Panda View Post
    Whilst I believe hybrid and full electric is the way forward...unless your at home charging is a nightmare!
    We've been running a Renault zoe for over a year now and there have been quite a few times we have genuinely struggled to get a charge. The network for the chargers is appalling they are very rarely reported broken, when they are reported it usually a month before they are up and running, it's not uncommon for fast chargers to cut out midway through a charge.

I'm a big advocate for the electric car but they need to get the infrastructure in place to support it.

Right now there is no real insensitive to buy an electric car other than the government grant. In Norway the government offer lots of benefits for going electric you get free parking in towns and cities, tax breaks and a grant for buying one.

I would be totally up for owning an electric mini but it will need to have a good range just because of the lack of chargers currently

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    Charging issue sorted.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

Hybrids do seem to be the way forward, but I wonder if there's a fully-planned process for disposal/recycling of all the batteries in hybrid cars - there's a lot of nasty chemicals in these batteries and the environmental disposal will be interesting.

I still can't see full electric working for everyone. If I drive to Glasgow for the weekend for example, can I charge it on the street outside the hotel/apartment? Can I trust the local 'wildlife' not to disconnect/vandalise the charger cable? Because I doubt I'd be able to get there and back on one charge. For those driving short distances to work and able to charge either there or on the driveway at home, it definitely works but not so much for those who only really drive longer distances or live rural.

What are the government going to do to replace the billions lost in fuel duty if we all go electric?
    When are the new power stations coming online to supply all this extra electricity needed?
    If the power stations are burning fossil fuels, it's a waste of power through transfer losses to then use it to run an electric car - you'd be better off just burning the fossil fuels where you need them, i.e. in an ICE.
    In a country that is still spending more than it takes in in taxes every day, who is paying for the power stations and charging networks?

There are answers, but I suspect politicians being what they are they will ignore the issues and leave it for their successors to have to deal with and make the unpopular decisions

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by CiderFex View Post
    Charging issue sorted.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.
    Hahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Hybrids do seem to be the way forward, but I wonder if there's a fully-planned process for disposal/recycling of all the batteries in hybrid cars - there's a lot of nasty chemicals in these batteries and the environmental disposal will be interesting.

I still can't see full electric working for everyone. If I drive to Glasgow for the weekend for example, can I charge it on the street outside the hotel/apartment? Can I trust the local 'wildlife' not to disconnect/vandalise the charger cable? Because I doubt I'd be able to get there and back on one charge. For those driving short distances to work and able to charge either there or on the driveway at home, it definitely works but not so much for those who only really drive longer distances or live rural.

What are the government going to do to replace the billions lost in fuel duty if we all go electric?
    When are the new power stations coming online to supply all this extra electricity needed?
    If the power stations are burning fossil fuels, it's a waste of power through transfer losses to then use it to run an electric car - you'd be better off just burning the fossil fuels where you need them, i.e. in an ICE.
    In a country that is still spending more than it takes in in taxes every day, who is paying for the power stations and charging networks?

There are answers, but I suspect politicians being what they are they will ignore the issues and leave it for their successors to have to deal with and make the unpopular decisions
    Nissan offer quite a useful scheme where if you buy a new ev from them and let them know you are planning a long journey they will look after your ev and give you a petrol car for the journey.

Obviously sort of defeats the purpose of going electric but until we have an infrastructure to support fast charging and have batteries capable of doing long journeys without costing a fortune. It's really the only solution.

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    2017 Countryman S E
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    We've been running a Renault zoe for over a year now and there have been quite a few times we have genuinely struggled to get a charge. The network for the chargers is appalling they are very rarely reported broken, when they are reported it usually a month before they are up and running, it's not uncommon for fast chargers to cut out midway through a charge.

I'm a big advocate for the electric car but they need to get the infrastructure in place to support it.

Right now there is no real insensitive to buy an electric car other than the government grant. In Norway the government offer lots of benefits for going electric you get free parking in towns and cities, tax breaks and a grant for buying one.

I would be totally up for owning an electric mini but it will need to have a good range just because of the lack of chargers currently
    Exactly my point. and then the inconsiderate people who park in the charging spaces cause mummy couldn't wait to unload her 2.4 kids...

Suppose that's why Hybrids are so good, petrol in the event of an emergency. I can still get over 300 miles out of a tank and a charge in my countryman PHEV

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Sad_Panda View Post
    Exactly my point. and then the inconsiderate people who park in the charging spaces cause mummy couldn't wait to unload her 2.4 kids...

Suppose that's why Hybrids are so good, petrol in the event of an emergency. I can still get over 300 miles out of a tank and a charge in my countryman PHEV
    Yeah I think for the next few years at least a plug in hybrid is the best compromise. As long as it a proper plug in my friends family have a Toyota rav4 and it claims. To be a plug in but your range on electric is about 2 miles and it averages 40mpg that has not added any good to the industry if anything its a tax dodge.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk