BMW X1 Service Intervals

Hello folks, forgive the non mini question for a moment, but thought i could ask on here as my wife is thinking of buying a bmw X1 m sport 2.0 diesel (220d model), which i understand shares an engine (and a platform) with the new clubman.

The car she is looking at is a 2.5 year old model with 30k miles.

It has only had one service, at a little over 15k miles. The (non franchise) dealer claims that this is fine as service intervals are 2 years or 20k miles, but to me this seems high, especially for a diesel.

Does anyone have a view on that? I'd have thought 10k or 1 year would be more like it on a diesel.

Other point is that there is no service book with it. Dealer claims that you dont get one because of the servicing being saved on the key (same as my mini, but it also has a book!) - does that seem legit?

Not sure if the dealer is just telling us any old crap.

Thanks,
    R.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I've just sold my 2014 120d. I'm pretty sure the service intervals on that were 18k or 2 years, but they are condition based so it may want a service sooner than that. The car tells you on the screen in the menu anyway via the I-drive controller. You can look up the service history on the cars screen as there is no service book with these cars.
    My new F56 doesn't have a service book either (I don't like how they have done away with the physical book)

That X1 will only have had 1 service but it will be due another soon.

Thank you Ian, appreciate that.

I guess next question for you is; did you like the X1 and would you recommend it as a daily driver?

Other frustration is that this car has only got one key, so ill need to find out the cost of having it replicated

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yes, that's the OEM service intervals but not good if you want to keep the car long term IMO. Change the oil every 7k or so or once a year if you want the car to last, oil is cheap.

Sadly most folk just follow the OEM intervals - there will be nothing wrong with the car, but not particularly good for it either.

As Ian says, it's due a service so I'd be pushing that hard as a bargaining chip. Does it have a TLC-type service package?

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    It was a 1 series I had, not the X1. I liked it yes.

A replacement key will be costly. There are no shortage of deals out there and all dealerships are quiet at the moment so might be worth looking further afield and getting one that doesn't have a missing key or a service due.