Oil Catch Can

Well my 2007 MCS needs a new engine What does everybody think about oil catch cans? Is it a good idea to add one with the new engine?

2007 MCS R56 with Manic Stage 2 map and all the gubbins.

Thanks

I have a 2007 R56 that had an engine rebuild last year after it gave up on life and it’s still burning oil. I had an OCC fitted by B&M back in April and it’s frightening how much stuff gets collected in it to the point that I’m thinking of getting a second one fitted on the in side of things! I’m thinking my turbo is goosed though, can’t really be anything else considering I’ve had so much work done to the blooming thing! So yes, would recommend, would definitely recommend one that has an external level indicator as it’s a pain in the hoop having to take the thing apart every other week to check it!

Car
    Mini Clubman (1977 & 2008)
    Im thinking of doing one of these.

Did anyone do this along with the Rear PCV block plugs from Peugeot?
    2008 MINI Clubman Cooper S & 1977 Mini Clubman

Edinburgh & Lothian's Mini Owners Club, Elmoc on Facebook or @elminioc.

Car
    Mini Cooper S r56 2008
    Following this post with interest. I've been doing a bit of research recently on this and if you check out the GT Tuning page, they strongly recommend you don't blank off the pcv. Instead they offer a two can setup, but at a hefty 200 quid each. I'm up to 64k miles so should be looking at decoke/ walnut blast, or my preferred option of a recon head. No point putting clean parts on if I don't sort out the pcv build up issue.
    Anyone had issues with fitting only one catch can?

Car
    Mini Cooper S r56 2008
    That's me ordered a cheapo occ and fittings to make it work. Also found oil leak at turbo oil feed hose. So ordered that as well. Will be a busy weekend ahead.
    Last edited by Harmchar; 5th March 2019 at 10:06 AM.