Helix Short Shifter R56

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Well after owning this part for almost a year it finally got fitted last night. I did try and fit it once before but up on jackstands it just didn't seem possible. With a lift it was case of remove the heat sheik off with the cover and throw the part in took about 5 minutes.

Really happy with how it drives makes the gearbox feel much more notch and the throw is noticeably shorter. Haven't had a chance to play with it on a back road yet but even just driving into to town it makes a big difference.

The best bang for buck mod imo especially since I didn't pay the retail price :P

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    That's good to know Mark a short shifter is on my list for next year now lol spent enuf this year

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Good to hear ,makes it much better with a short shifter
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Get a heavier knob (ooer missus) for the full effect - a Whalen is well worth the money IMO

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Get a heavier knob (ooer missus) for the full effect - a Whalen is well worth the money IMO
    Very forward of you. I like the look of the carbon Jcw knob as it fits with the rest of my interior and it is slightly heavier than standard

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    I like the look of the carbon Jcw knob as it fits with the rest of my interior and it is slightly heavier than standard
    And I always thought carbon made things lighter.......
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    And I always thought carbon made things lighter.......
    I think it's the alcantara that adds the weight. It's like a fluffy form of lead