Heavy Oil Use

Car
    Cooper S Convertible
    So now that we have a working dipstick we clearly have an Oil problem...…

Not even 300 miles since filling to the max, we're at half full. No sign of anything substantial dripping on the drive.

Any common areas we should be looking at for leaks?

If it's a front off job I'll consider bringing forward the 100,000 mile uber service as we're at 89k miles.....
    56' MINI Cooper S Convertible - Astro Black, 17" R98 Alloys, Cordoba Beige interior with heated seats, Chromed Scoop and Mirror Caps, Chili Pack, MFSW with Cruise Control, "Red" LED Union Jack Rear Lights and Parrott MKi9000 (fitted by me!) 2023 - Full Engine Rebuild

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Lots of things that you can do and check ,
    check for a physical oil loss
    any signs of oil burning when driving and if so on boost /off boost /when slowing down
    oil on plugs
    cylinder leakage test
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Sump gaskets can be a big leakage point and seem to do it only under driving conditions - the underside of the car will be a tad oily. I’d check that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advice as above, they can leak from pretty much anywhere - crank seal being another.

Also, don't get too hung up on the 100k service thing IMO - most of the stuff is just regular servicing like plugs etc that should be done more often than the OEM schedule anyway. The only big thing is the supercharger itself, which is up to you really - service it, or treat it as a disposable item and replace it when it dies

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    Cooper S Convertible
    Thanks for the feedback, will have a look at the underside.

About to head off on holiday for a couple of weeks. Will refill to max and leave it on the drive and check on return to see if its seepage or pushed out when running. And then take it to a garage when we're back.....

Tempted to get the oil changed in the Supercharger and keep it original for as long as possible. Seems pretty bullet proof on the basis it must have been running without enough oil at some point (gulp!)………
    56' MINI Cooper S Convertible - Astro Black, 17" R98 Alloys, Cordoba Beige interior with heated seats, Chromed Scoop and Mirror Caps, Chili Pack, MFSW with Cruise Control, "Red" LED Union Jack Rear Lights and Parrott MKi9000 (fitted by me!) 2023 - Full Engine Rebuild