R56 blow off valve replacement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anyone any recommendations on a replacement blow off valve. Turns out this is the cause of my EML issues. The garage said they’ve used Forge before but on researching, it seems like the noise might drive me bonkers after a while. Currently looking at the Turbosmart Kompact from Lohen but just wondered if anyone else had had to replace theirs and what did you go for? Cheers!

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    I used GFB one on my clubman if you have a look in my build thread I'm sure there a link some where in there

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    I've got the gfb valve on my R56. Really nice piece of kit and all the plastic parts are replaced with metal so much better longevity. And the stiffer springs helps hold boost between gear changes

What’s the noise like off of it? (I’ll go check out YouTube too!). The GFB is looking good as it’s half the price of the other two I’m looking at!

Car
    mini roadster jcw
    another vote for the gfb from me
    TAPS AFF FITT DOON

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    There isn't much noise difference and it's a recirculating valve and doesn't vent to atmosphere like the forge one does. If you have an intake you hear the blow off being much sharper with the stiffer spring the valve snaps closed much more quickly so you get short sharp blow sounds. It sounds rally car esc imo

Excellent, thanks!!

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    No idea how to upload videos on the forum but I'll post a video on the fb page later today

Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    No idea how to upload videos on the forum but I'll post a video on the fb page later today
    Brilliant, thank you. Going to get one ordered today!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by M600-RKJ View Post
    Upload to YouTube or Flickr and share the link the the forum Mark. Flickr is probably quicker
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz