ASC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AberdeenMini
    Cheers for that explanation Martin . I've always wondered what it was for

The Dogfather
    Me not got it, me can do mighty big wheelspins!!!

Me need new tyres sooner than everyone else!

Mini Me
    Take it ,you still have the brochure Martin,cos i'm very impressed

quote:Originally posted by minime

Take it ,you still have the brochure Martin,cos i'm very impressed
    No , but I reckon I could get a job in sales!!!! - but maybe I know too much!!!! :)

X30YES
    quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

ASC is on when the light is off - and off when the light is on
    So its off when its on then , nae wunner a canny wheel spin where is the GTF switch then :question:

You should have an ASC switch, in your toggle switch panel, flick that and your yellow (definitely yellow) light on your instrument will light up. When the light is on the ASC+T is off

Steve74

You should have an ASC switch, in your toggle switch panel, flick that and your yellow (definitely yellow) light on your instrument will light up. When the light is on the ASC+T is off
    and that's the best way to drive it...

X30YES

I do ....just havin a larf

Car
    Mini Cooper

Yeah it stands for Automatic stability control + Traction and effectively prevents front wheel spin
    I think I need to get this.
    Pulled out of a junction yesterday into the path of a slow moving van and booted it - wheelspin in 1st and 2nd gear resulted in me almost getting "Ford transit" stamped on my rear bumper! :I:clown:

Steve74
    quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Yeah it stands for Automatic stability control + Traction and effectively prevents front wheel spin
    I think I need to get this.
    Pulled out of a junction yesterday into the path of a slow moving van and booted it - wheelspin in 1st and 2nd gear resulted in me almost getting "Ford transit" stamped on my rear bumper! :I:clown:
    I've almost had a similar experience with the DSC on. When the cars cold it stumbles and almost stalls in front of the oncoming car or bus!!