MEGA MINI MEET 2019 ** 14 JULY 2019 **

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Firstly let me say to all NMS members that attended this years Mega MINI Meet a massive well done. The turn out was excellent and the cars displayed on the stand were a credit to you all. You all deserved the “Club Stand” trophy but now is the difficult bit ... we’d like to try and retain it, so who’s for going back ?

I know it’s a long way off and I’m not really thinking about the 2019 show season but after this years success I'm looking to see who's interested in attending.

Next years show will be held a week later on Sunday 7th July 2019 and it's our intention as usual to head down on the morning of Saturday 6th July and come back after the show finishes (usually around 4pm).

As always anyone who feels like attending is free to pop down for the day itself and attend the show if they'd rather so don't feel pressured into staying on the Saturday night if that doesn’t suit. We will need numbers later on for the club stand if you’re planning on popping down on the Sunday morning. This is to allow the organisers to allocate us a space appropriately. The Saturday night, as happened again this year, does usually turn out to be an entertaining night one way or another though.

The show is again being held at Lytham St Anne's and NMS have attended the show for the past few years. No club has won the club stand trophy two years in a row that I can recall so the pressure is on.

Accommodation has been arranged and the same hotel as previous years has been booked. The hotel is literally a few miles away from the venue and it has secure parking and has served us well over the past few years.

If you’re thinking about attending and staying I will require a £30 deposit (non refundable) to reserve a room. Room prices have increased for 2019 but I’ve managed to negotiate another deal at £80 (2017 prices) per twin/double room. The deposit will be required by the end of August but I’ll allocate a room for those interested in attending meantime.

Please remember the number of rooms is limited so don't delay, check your diaries and don't be afraid to come along and join in the fun.

If you’re lucky enough to have a two MINI family then why not bring them both ... let’s try and get a record number of NMS MINIs on the stand next year.

The hotel we use has private parking and more importantly an outside tap so there's no need to worry about you not having a clean car before you head down.

Also don’t worry if you've never been to a show before there are now a large number of regular show goers who will all lend a hand getting the cars organised and sorted.

All details will be added to this first post as and when they become available or are confirmed. Entry to the show is usually pay on the gate and is around £5.

Names

1. Brian / Christina (2 cars) - deposit paid - paid in full
    2. William / Megan (2 cars) - deposit paid - paid in full
    3. Davy / Cat (2 cars) - deposit paid - paid in full.
    4. Pete - deposit paid - paid in full.
    5. Andrew - deposit paid - paid in full.
    6. Stuart/ Lynn - deposit paid - paid in full.
    7. Chloe - deposit paid - paid in full
    8. Eddie - deposit paid - paid in full.
    9. Mark - deposit paid -
    10. Ali/Laura (plus one) - deposit paid - paid in full.
    11. Alistair - deposit paid - paid in full.
    12. Stoney - deposit paid - paid in full.
    13. T/ Hutch deposit £20. - paid in full.
    14. Dave / Fiona - paid in full.
    15. Matt - paid in full.
    16. Jack - paid in full.

INFO/UPDATE (per post 123) - Right folks a quick update it was suggested that we organise food, drink, etc to take to the show. After a quick moderators meeting regarding it, it was agreed that it would be easier for people to take their own stuff to save us having too much, which is inevitably what always happens.

However, I spoken to the hotel and if folk wish we can get fresh sandwiches made up at a cost of £5 per head for the Sunday, with the fillings being simply plain cheese, ham, chicken, etc.

If you are interested in this then please let me know now as I’ll need to order them with the hotel prior to going so they can get enough made. The £5 per person would not need to be paid until we arrive (I’ll collect that on the Saturday). I only require replies from those who want to be included in the order ...

NOTE- There will be food stalls at the venue as usual it’s just sometimes very limited as to what you can purchase and last years sandwich fest seemed to be very well received by those attending.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Fantastic Davy and well done on getting us a deal. Looking forward to next year already
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Definitely up for next year

Car
    F54 and F56
    PMSL ... oh yeah I forgot about all the birthdays next year Eddie, Mark, Stuart and there may be another ‘surprise’ birthday lol

You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Car
    F54 and F56
    Christina is going for the “4 shot challenge” too ... it’s an evening worth popping along for already lol

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    I don't know who was more surprised by the impromptu birthday celebrations me or Ernie

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Ok then, let's try this

How clean do you have to be 'realistically', will a bit of shampoo & set and some NMS wax do

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    JCW S GP1499 & R59 JCW
    I’m more than willing partake in yet another MMM.

12 months notice may give me just enough time to get Rocky into a respectable state.

I may actually remember to fit all of my pre-bought mods for next years show...

...possibly.

Sent from Yorkshire wi a hint o’ sarcasm.

Car
    F54 and F56
    That’s about the height of it Crombers ... it’s like a one night HBT trip. It’s an early start on the Sunday but I’m sure you don’t need that much beauty sleep lol

Mark Johnston
    Car
    Horizon Blue 2009 R56 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Ok then, let's try this

How clean do you have to be 'realistically', will a bit of shampoo & set and some NMS wax do
    Clean paint and black trim. Doesn't need to be fully detailed.