Airbag Light

Car
    Mini Cooper S R53
    Hi Folks - Hope someone can assist with this problem.
    Just driving along last week and the airbag warning light came on. I have looked under the seats and the plugs all appear secure.

Any thoughts where the fault is most likely to lie?

What about airbag light reset tools - is there a cheap one out there that works ok?

I use the car on track and was thinking about getting a switch fitted that would disable the airbags when on track - Any idea if this would put the airbag warning light on?

The car is a 53 plate Mini Cooper S (Feb 2003)

Thanks for your help

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Common for the wiring under seats to break ,feel along wiring to see if you can feel for a break , handy if you could get access to a code reader to see if something else is throwing up a code
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

You need a B200 tool to read the airbag codes, a standard code reader won't help. Get the code read and you'll know where the problem is.

You need 3.9ohm resistors to fool the car into thinking the airbags are still there - lower or higher and you'll trigger the light

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    Mini Cooper S R53
    Thanks for the help. I got the code read and it said battery terminal not connected or something similar.
    Reset light and fingers crossed, it has stayed out.
    I use the car on track and thinking if i pull the fuse would that disable all the airbags? Then replace it for the road and get a light reset tool to switch light off. Would that work?

Car
    Mini Cooper S R53
    Folks
    Your help is needed again - I bought a B800 Fault Code reader and it tells me Fault Code 0B which the book says is Firing Circuit, Battery Safety Switch 1.

I also unplugged the blue and yellow plugs under the seats which threw up different codes. These all reset OK however I cannot get rid of Code 0B and the air bag light stays on.

Has anybody a clue what Firing Circuit Battery Safety Switch 1 is?

If I can sus that out then maybe I can use a resistor to eliminate it or maybe I need to get a new bit for the electrics. I checked the battery terminals - they are all sound and there is no water or anything obviously wrong with the battery / terminals or plastic box beside the battery in the RHS battery well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks again